Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Stitches

1. MirandaBarya
    MirandaBarya
    So I went to my doctors today to have my stitches removed and they refused. Said they have to be removed by the surgeon. Anyone else have this happen and where did you get them removed???
  2. niki k
    niki k
    Mine were dissolvable, but my PCP here was aware of my surgery and would have dealt with them if necessary. Stitches are easy to remove though, just have someone else do them...
  3. missbybee
    missbybee
    My husband took mine out. I was nervous for him to do it (instead of going to a doctor), but he did just fine. There wasn't any pain, and it saved me money from having to pay a co-pay!
  4. Periwinkle74
    Periwinkle74
    I had absorbable sutures; however, I had to go to my general surgeon here at home because a couple of them were sticking out and catching on my clothing - plus my drain site was left open and it did not heal closed, so I had to have that excised and sutured closed - it was more an inconvenience than anything else.

Your primary care physician should refer you to someone who can help you if they know you had work done in Mexico. It's not like you should have to fly back to Mexico for suture removal.
  5. Kindle
    Kindle
    Your doctor is a fucking moron and has no business practicing medicine cause he's such an arrogant asshole. He's only being difficult cause you had surgery in Mexico. Taking stitches out is no big deal. You can do it yourself. Just pull out one of the loose ends, use a tiny scissors or nail clippers to snip the part that goes inside and pull. If you don't want to do that, go to another doctor or urgent care, tell them you are on vacation, traveling and can't get to your regular doctor for several more weeks so could they please take the stitches out. Don't even mention Mexico because this is where so many U.S. doctor's ignorance kicks in.
  6. trulyamazingtoo
    trulyamazingtoo
    I removed mine myself. Just be sure to make sure everything is very clean or sterile. I did a YouTube video of me removing them.