Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

If you're having your sleeve surgery in November of 2015, this is the place for you!

1. JennyC724
    JennyC724
    Welcome!! I'm having my sleeve on November 4, 2015, assuming that all goes according to plan. I'm in the middle of what seems like a thousand appointments for clearance.
    I'm 46 years old, a mom of two boys, a full time veterinarian, happily married.
    I'm 5'8" and I am currently 263 pounds. My goal is 163 so I need to lose 100 pounds.

Let me know about you!!!
    Let's journey together!!!
  2. KSNurse
    KSNurse
    Hi! My name is Lisa. My date us 11/16. I'm currently 251.2 lbs and my goal is 150 lbs.
  3. KSNurse
    KSNurse
    Sorry, posted too soon. I'm a full time nurse, and mother to 8 kiddos. 4 are off in college, the other 4 still at home. Very Happily married!

I'm 5'6".
  4. Emilyrosebud
    Emilyrosebud
    I'm a 44 year old married mother of two teenaged daughters (one his and one mine) and I was a nurse in a former life (that's a story for a different support group lol). Now I just take care of me full time and part of that job entails getting out from under the extra 150 lbs and all the depression, self-loathing,isolation etc that came with it.
    I'm 5'4" and weighed 278lbs at my first surgical consult in April. My insurance requires me to have seven consecutive months of "medically supervised weight loss" with the NUT and PA. As of today my weight is down to 251 lbs. My goal weight is 150 lbs and my fantasy weight is 130 lbs. My surgeon estimated my projected weight to be 170 based on the stat that the average person loses 60% of their excess body weight with the sleeve, but the PA and I discussed it yesterday and she thinks 150 is a reasonable goal based on my pre-op weight loss and the fact that the 60% statistic is just an average.
    I don't have a date yet, but my final appt with the NUT and the PA will be in mid-October and then the paperwork will be submitted to the insurance company for approval. The office staff tells me that it's taking about 17 days (who figured that out?) to get approval from my insurance company and I can get it scheduled in November. That is, unless we decide to go visit the in-laws and my oldest, bestest friend,who is also my daughter's aunt, over the Thanksgiving break while the kids and my husband are out of school. I'm tempted to put the trip off until after the surgery, when I am thinner, but really, I have literally spent the last 14 years hiding myself from friends and family and that needs to stop now. I've missed too many important events and making memories with my husband and children because of my fat-shame. So maybe I would have my surgery the first week of December. I'll also have to wait and see how the finances are and if we can afford the trip.
    I also have all my pre-op clearances to do. This week I have the appointment with the psychologist on Wednesday and the upper endoscopy on Thursday. Then pulmonary appt on the 21st and lastly my appt with my world-renowned cardiologist who I haven't seen in 18 months, even though he told me to come back in 6, because at my last appointment he gave me a very kind, but firm, lecture on losing weight and I've been afraid to go back still fat. Isn't that just crazy to risk my health--my heart--like that? I guess I'll just have to fess up and tell him the truth about why I didn't return when he told me to and pray that the EKG, echocardiogram and halter monitor show no progression of my disease. I haven't had any worsening of symptoms so I don't think they will, but I'm not the expert so I'll stop trying to assess and diagnose myself.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this. It turned out much longer than I would predicted when I started to write it. really hope to get to know you both better. It would be great if you could send me a message and tell me a little more about you.
  5. Emilyrosebud
    Emilyrosebud
    It looks like we all have to lose roughly 100 lbs. It would be really helpful to me if we followed each other on this weight loss journey and offered support and a gentle kick in the rear when needed.
  6. Brown Suga
    Brown Suga
    Hi Ladies...I am a 43 y/o mother of 6 and I also have a grandson. 4 of my children are in college and I have two middle-schoolers at home. I am 5'5" and my current weight is 247. I am also a full-time nurse. I have finished all of the appointments (6mth Nutrition, Psych, labs, etc). My PT appointment was yesterday and I will be calling today to set an appointment to meet with the surgeon. I was told by the secretary that I should be able to have surgery before the end of the year...hopefully it will be in November!!!

Why did you choose the sleeve vs other forms of wls?
    I am heavily leaning toward the sleeve but I'm anxious to hear what the surgeon will recommend. I think gbs is too much of a major surgery and do not think need to take the risk. However, I work on a Research floor and we have several studies involving wls. Many people who I thought would get the sleeve have had gbs. I feel that the sleeve is not being done as much as it was 1-2 years ago. I will have the same surgeon and will be asking many questions!

Are you telling your job about your surgery?
    I plan on using fmla and will not be telling the majority of my coworkers or my immediate supervisor. I have told a few people who I trust but most of the people I work with are not my true friends and I do not feel it is any of their business. Unfortunately, my physician's name and specialty recognition will definitely clue my unit of my surgery. I am trying my best to get around this...I asked my primary care doctor if she could fill out the forms but she said no.

I look forward to finally completing this journey and hope we can all be successful together!!!
  7. Brown Suga
    Brown Suga
    Well I called to make my appointment with the surgeon and set an appointment. Unfortunately the October was all filled up and I can't get in until The middle of November I doubt I will be getting surgery in November. Hopefully, it's before the end of the year. Good luck to you all!!!
  8. mrskit
    mrskit
    Hi! Surgery date is 11/15/15 in Tiajuana. 48 y/o mom of 2 and ya-ya to 1. So anxious to get this done!!
  9. Tray9112
    Tray9112
    Hello All,

I will be getting my Sleeve 11/16 going by myself so my husband can stay home and take care of our two kids. First time going anywhere by myself and it is another country a bit scary.
  10. RobyneYvette
    RobyneYvette
    Hello,
    My name is RobyneYvette I am 45 years old female and my surgery date is Nov 23,2015. I am super excited can't wait to be a healthier ME!
    I'm so happy to have found this group!! Starting weight 285 height 5'11 my goal weight is 190, and to be off all blood pressure meds and off my cpap machine.
  11. paradoxcowgirl
    paradoxcowgirl
    I'm 45 years of age, 5'4", highest weight ever was 305, but I've yoyo'd all my adult life, so when I finally decided to do this earlier this year, my weight was 236 at my first appointment. Currently at 230 and scheduled for my sleeve on 11/05/15. My goal weight is 160 or less, but not less than 145. I am from the great pacific northwest, and am looking forward to being more active, hiking and riding my horse again! I skipped riding this summer due to back pain and balance issues from the excess weight.
  12. Kelly75
    Kelly75
    I'm 40 years of age and 5'5" and have yo yo dieted since I was an adolescent. When I hit 365 last January I knew I had to do something and found that surgery was covered under my insurance plan. I've lost a little over 50 pounds on the insurance required 6 month medically supervised weight loss and just got the approval for a November 18th surgery date! My surgeon feels I should have no problem reaching 180 pounds. I'm excited for an active lifestyle again and clothes shopping that is fun instead of dreaded.
  13. jarvey
    jarvey
    My name is Glenn. My surgery date is schedule for 11-16-15 and start of my liquid diet on 11-02-15. I started this journey on 5-8-15 with a weigh in at 335.5 (highest I ever been) and down as of today 293.00. My goal weigh would be 200 lbs and that is the same as my doctor. I'm 56 years old and always been active person until the last several years. I wrestled in high school & college and always did that cutting a lot of weigh to wrestle in a weigh class picked by my coach. Did a lot of crazy things to make weigh and lose weigh very fast. After my wrestling days, I ran some but my weigh kept going up, then I would do a crazy diet from Atkins to low fat etc. Would lose weigh but stopped and gain all the weigh I lost and then some. Hope to continue working out and stay with my correct way of eating from here on out. I'm excited about my sleeve but little bit nervous about things.
  14. GoodiDre
    GoodiDre
    Hi everybody. My surgery date is 11/9 - I can hardly believe it after all the appointments and approvals that were needed! I'm 5'7" & 285. Goal is to lose 100 pounds, real goal weight is 145..but since I've literally never been that small as an adult, I'm shooting for 100lbs off and then we'll see!
  15. DesireeWakefield78
    DesireeWakefield78
    Hi everybody! I'm scheduled for November 20th. Super excited!! I'm 37 years old, and a mother of 3 beautiful children. Married to my best friend! I've struggled with my weight for the last 12 years. I'm currently just under 300 lbs and want to lose around 150lbs. I'm also 5ft 4in so I'm short and round. Lol. Can't wait to see what the next chapter in my life says!!
  16. kennigriggs
    kennigriggs
    I am 40 years old. Have two grown girls, two teenage boys, and two toddlers. I am a nurse and single. My oldest is coming to watch my kids while I am having surgery. My surgery date is November 1st. Yes, a Sunday! I am on my pre-op diet and counting down. I work night shifts and hope the next three days pass very quickly!! Glad I found this group.
  17. blessedvsg4me
    blessedvsg4me
    Hey Everyone,
    I'm 56. My date of surgery is on Nov 9,2015. I have 3 grown sons, and I'm happily married.
    I wish you all the very best!!
  18. Victerria
    Victerria
    Hello everyone! My name is Terry and I am scheduled to be sleeved on November 23. I am a shorty at 4ft 11.5 inches. I appreciate the support I get from this website!
  19. Sarakm1
    Sarakm1
    Hi there - My name is Sara and I had my lap-band removed and revised to a sleeve on 11/2 along with a hernia repair. Still on thin liquids and tomorrow I will add some soups in. I go back to work tomorrow and am a little apprehensive since I am so tired still. I have a 23, 19 and 9 year old and am married with a full time job. Good luck everyone - we can do this!
  20. Nl383sbc
    Nl383sbc
    Hi guys/gals. My name is Geoff and I'm from Eastern Canada on a beautiful island called Newfoundland. I'm 6'2 and started at 367lbs post surgery and I weight 353 a week later. 14 lbs gone forever. I had my Surgery on Nov 9/15 and I am doing really well, healing fast, minor complications. I use to be a very fit 217lbs and was a gym rat till a car accident changed my life for the worse. It's take to take it back.
  21. Cinder
    Cinder
    Hi Folks,

I had my surgery one week ago. I'm an unmarried UU Minister in Indiana. I started at 403 the day of surgery and my primary goal for now is to get under 250. I live by myself and love my life. I just feel that this will give me the resources to do some things I'd really enjoy doing without worrying that I won't fit or that I'll be over the weight limit. I'm hoping this will be a place of support. I'm having bouts of being sad about this and times of being really excited. I'm down 10 lbs so far. Thanks.
  22. jenn70
    jenn70
    Hi my name is Jenn I had my sleeve on 11/9. I started at my HW 252 SW 227 CW219. I am doing well just starting to get a little hungry still on liquids until 11/24. Having trouble getting all my protein in hope it gets better once I get to the food stage. I'm married and have 3 grown children.
  23. Ilikea21
    Ilikea21
    Hello everyone, just got my surgery five days ago November 17... I'm 54 years old and my weight was 285 pounds. That's the largest I've ever been, I'm 5'9" tall. Happily married, no kids, huge family and large support group, thank God! Living here in South Florida I have always been active. I scuba dive, go snorkeling swimming in the ocean, hiking, I have always been very active. I got into a pretty horrible car accident and it was a rollover which broke my back and my neck. It was only fractures, but it really messed me up. I had to get a cage on my lower lumbar. That's when the weight started piling on. I ate in the middle of the night, and pretty much when I was feeling lousy. I was bedridden for about three months. After that I just gave up and kept eating. I'm so glad I started this journey, and I'm so excited to hear everyone's stories and how they're doing. Right now, I'm a little nauseous but that's passing, and I'm still trying to get enough proteins and water in my body. Good luck to everyone, and thanks for listening to me. Nice meeting everyone.