Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How is everyone doing?

1. Brandonf150
    Brandonf150
    Hello July sleevers! How is everybody doing?
  2. AllieGator
    AllieGator
    I have had a rough time of it.....right now wishing I didn't do it. My experience in Tijuana was rough; I'm a little down because I miss FOOD which was one of the things that brought me a lot of joy....I lost 13 lbs in a week and haven't lost an ounce in 6 days straight, eating about 200 calories a day....which is shocking to me. Yesterday was the first day I was eating a little more....sorry to be a Debbie downer, but you asked. This has been tough....I hope in 6-12 months I am glad I did it, but right now, I am lethargic and losing muscle mass and I think I was fatter and happier before (still in the high 100s).
  3. kiaka52
    kiaka52
    I hope it get's better for you hang in there
  4. Brandonf150
    Brandonf150
    Hey Allie, How much water are you drinking? 64-96oz is what my doctors program is. What about multi vitamins?
  5. AllieGator
    AllieGator
    Thanks for checking in on me..I am taking liquid multivitamins and I need to up my water in a significant way. Given I can only take 2 oz of anything at a time...not sure how you all are fitting in that much water....do you take a sip every 15 or 20 minutes? I'm up to about 400-500 calories a day now, which means more energy. I have sat on one pound lost for 8 days and now another pound loss for another 8 days....can't believe with as little as I am eating and as recent as I had surgery, it feels like I am leveling out at 15 lbs! That can't be! How are the rest of you doing?
  6. teacher_red
    teacher_red
    I was sleeved on 7/6 and so am almost 3 weeks post-op. I am doing really well. I am profoundly grateful that this has been smooth sailing for me. I can drink and eat my mushies without difficulty. Doc cleared me for pureed real food at 2 weeks and I'm soooo much happier. Beans! Cottage Cheese! Pureed Hamburger! I even pureed a chile relleno and it was like heaven. My first scoop of pureed tuna and mayo was blissful. For my 3 week surgiversary I'm planning pureed noodle-free lasagna. (which is really pureed lean hamburger, tomato sauce, cottage cheese and unflavored whey powder)

After 5 weeks of liquids, food is such a treat. I eat only a few oz at a time but eating pisses off my vagus nerve and I get flushed, rapid heart beat, and light headedness for about 30 minutes. Hopefully that goes away over time because it is disruptive to my otherwise energetic day.

The really good news is that the almighty tanita says I've lost 40lbs of pure fat with almost no muscle loss over the last 3 months. Doc cleared me to go back to weightlifting at 4 weeks post op. 100g of protein and 100oz of liquid is my daily "eat like a sleeved athlete" goal and it is becoming a reality for me.
  7. Brandonf150
    Brandonf150
    Yes Allie you have to be sipping almost constantly. Hang in there & get your water in. They told me at the clinic if the choice is hydrating fluids or food choose the fluid.

Awesome news Red! I didn't have to do puréed food thank goodness but you are moving forward. I was sleeved on 7/7 after 2 weeks liquid I moved on to soft food. Keep it up!
  8. michael95472
    michael95472
    Hang in there Allie. I had surg with Dr A in TJ on 7/7. I miss the food too, the pleasure of eating, The darn food commercials on TV. I was so weak going back to work. I'm feeling better as time goes by. As for water, I always try to keep a bottle of water near me. Sip Sip Sip until i'm sick of it. I have stalled out this week on the weight loss, reading the forums here make it seem normal so I'm working on my patients too.
  9. kiaka52
    kiaka52
    I'm doing good sleeved 7/13 still on full liquids move to pureed on Fri 7/31since mine was a revision and hernia repair I had to stay on liquids longer than most people its ok im down 24 lbs. and I feel great I start back to work tomorrow my 12 hr shifts at the hospital wish me luck
  10. jpeek
    jpeek
    I was a lapband / Sleeve revision. I was sleeved on 7/13 - I was cleared after a week for pureed food (what a blessing) No leaks, the doctor said everything looks great. The doctor also cleared me to return to work after a week (I have mostly a desk job)
    However, I feel sick all the time, but no vomiting. My incisions on my right side hurt all the time, have a hard time getting comfortable. I walk constantly, until I feel like I've over done it. Sitting gets painful too. I sip water all day. I do my protein shakes every morning. Why am I still in pain? I'm also extremely exhausted. I feel like I'm crazy. Friend tell me I'm just feeding into it. Any word of advise?
  11. Yukiko
    Yukiko
    I am 1 week out and very happy with the results. My doctor did not put me on a pre-op diet so I believe that is why I had wonderful results. I'm not going to lie, this week has been extremely hard and it did cross my mind one night if I had made the right choice but now that I'm feeling better, I know I did. this week I can add in Orange juice, cream of wheat, V8, sugar free jello and Gatorade,but still no protein. Oh, I can also use lactose free milk and broth, Gatorade and sugar free jello along with Popsicle but still no protein. Down 16lbs. for week 1.
  12. kiaka52
    kiaka52
    Hey guys it will be 4wks for me tomorrow im down 38 lbs and I feel great. How is everyone else doing?
  13. Yukiko
    Yukiko
    Sleeved on 7/31 and I'm feeling great!! I'm down 22 lbs at my 3rd week visit. I do need to stop weighing myself everyday cause the scale came to a stall this week. I guess that's to be expected being that I've added puréed food to my diet. Calorie wise I'm only doing 250 - 300 calories per day. Hey, but thank God for my sleeve that I'm not hungry. I know this is along road we have before us, but we can do it and I know we will!!! So, go July sleepers, just think next July will be feeling great!
  14. Rphgal
    Rphgal
    Had my surgery on 7/9 and am down from 233 to 185 this morning. I hit a plateau for 3 /12 weeks without losing such as an ounce for that time and was sooo frustrated. I knew that my body would eventually catch up but emotionally it definitely took its toll on me. Good news is that my body did catch up- I took my surgeon's advice last week and switched up my workout. I am constantly trying to make sure I get my fluids and protein first. Went away for the weekend and started running and biking while we were away and came back 6 lbs lighter, so my surgeon's advice worked! Just started back to unrestricted food this weekend, which is nice, but honestly scares me a bit because it means more choices. Hang in there everyone, we will get there!
  15. kiaka52
    kiaka52
    Hey my fellow July sleevers I was sleeved July 13, Im down 50lbs it feels wonderful im off all of my diabetic meds and insulin. I was even taken off my 2 blood pressure meds. So now all I take is my vitamins I have had stalls but they don't bother me I just keep on doing what im doing. How is everyone else?
  16. Yukiko
    Yukiko
    I was sleeved July 31, and it's been the best decision of my life, concerning weight loss. I really wish I would have been sleeved before I was banded. I love my sleeve. I suffered so much with my band not being able to eat healthy at times. I did lose weight with my band but it was a battle. Having to a have my band filled and then being filled to much, then having to have it unfilled and hoping there was a dr in the office, what a headache. I did lose 100 lbs with my band so I am happy about that. When my band messed up I mentioned to my Dr about being sleeved and he sleeved me July 31, 2015. What a difference!
  17. SunnySDk
    SunnySDk
    Going on 4 months and I believe this was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. It has been challenging but so worth it and I am so excited to say I'm down 60 lbs!!! Energy is better, outlook is better, attitude is better! Now, how is everyone preparing for the holidays? Survived Halloween now onto the other two foodie biggies! Hope your all doing well
  18. Yukiko
    Yukiko
    I was sleeved 7/31/2015 and today I stepped on the scale and I am 197.8....omg I'm in wonderland!!!!!