Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

August 17th

1. Windi
    Windi
    I'm having surgery August 17th. Anyone else?
  2. LadyLitteRock
    LadyLitteRock
    Me too, im going to Mexico. Dr. Almanza will be performing the procedure. How about you?
  3. esthercheney
    esthercheney
    I've not secured my date but, I'm shooting for August 11th, 2015 w/Dr. Almanza. I'm so exited and scared at the same time. But, I'm going into this with the most positive attitude possible. I'm so looking forward to my health becoming better and better. I'm excited that I will get to come off of my blood pressure meds as well as my cholesterol meds. And will no longer be border line diabetic. Yes, I'm so ready for this. I'm going to Mexico from Florida to have this procedure done. Any input as to what all I should bring would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to pack to much. I want to pack as light as possible. And should I bring someone with me or do you think I would be o.k. to go by myself? My son is planning on going with me at this time, but, I don't want to inconvenient him if I will be o.k. by myself. Any advise will be good. Thanks in advance.
  4. LadyLitteRock
    LadyLitteRock
    Hi Esthercheney, yes it is a bit nerve reckoning, but for me, I am focusing on the results and the aftermath of the surgery- excited about the results, the health improvements, how well I will feel about my self, shopping for clothing, increase in my confidence, no blood pressure medicine, improve my life time battle of depression, etc... I'm coming from Florida as well. Daytona Beach area, how kewl is that. I was going to go by myself, but my husband won't let me, gr.... so he's coming, which is ok, I don't mind. I see through the forums, lots of people go on their own and roommate with someone who is seeing the same doctor and going through the same things, so I do not see any issues going solo, but hey if your son wants to come with, for support and security, that's good too. You would have to get a private room though, no longer free room. I was thinking too about the packing part as well. I only plan on bringing flip flops, shirts, pants that I can either have underneath my stomach you know, or a soft skirt, summer dress or even something like a moo-moo, idk, lol. Don't think it would be ok, to put pants on top of my stomach, taking only a carry on. What are you thinking?
  5. good2me
    good2me
    Hi Everyone (Windi, LadyLitteRock and esthercheney! Welcome to the group! I'm so excited to see so many of us in the group already. For those of you who don't know me my name is Starla and my surgery date is August 3rd (this next Monday). I am excited and nervous at the same time as I'm sure all of you are. I went to an Aerosmith concert last night and as I made it to my nosebleed seats in row 32 of the stadium I smiled to myself because at next years fair I will be in much better shape I will also be packing light for my trip and only taking a carryon with comfortable clothing (going to buy some summer dresses) and then of course the stuff they want us to bring on the list. I chose to not have my husband come along because I don't want him to have to stay at the hospital and hotel waiting on me. He took 5 days off immediately following my surgery to take care of me too and I think I'll use that time to milk it a little bit. I wish you all the best! Lets keep one another updated on our surgeries now that they are not that far away.
  6. KJH300
    KJH300
    Wow that's so soon! How exciting!!! Your husband is a great supporter for taking time off to care for you! I think you should turn that into a fun time while resting-Netflix marathons? Anyways, I am sending you happy surgery dust keep posting please
  7. LadyLitteRock
    LadyLitteRock
    hi Good2me, just wanted to let you know, Im thinking of you and sending you best wishes and much success