Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Feeling Discouraged at 21 Days Post-Op

1. aldugan
    aldugan
    I weighed today and the scale still reads 169 lbs. I am 21 days post-op and have not lost any more weight since June 15th. My first week I lost 14 lbs. I weigh on Monday and Friday. From the time I started the liquid diet (Friday, May 31st) till today, I have lost a total of 31 lbs. But, I have expected to have lost more weight by now. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for what I have lost so far.

ARE MY EXPECTATIONS TO HIGH??????
  2. PTNewlife
    PTNewlife
    I had surgery on June 3rd and I'm feeling the same way. But I've only lost 15 lbs as of today. Common sense tells me that once I start walking regularly ( I started today!) things will get better. I would blame it on age but I met a girl that had the procedure on the same day and she is 10 yrs younger than me and she has only lost around 10 lbs. I think the KEY is the protein, staying hydrated and exercise to build your muscle mass back up! That's what I'm telling myself anywAy! Lol. Stay positive!
  3. Cyndy-loo
    Cyndy-loo
    Please keep the protein intake high, in fact fill up on it 5 times a day.
  4. aldugan
    aldugan
    Thanks guys. I was walking, but then I got really weak and stopped. Need to start back up since my energy level has increased. I am trying to get my protein intake increased each day.
  5. kamisha100
    kamisha100
    ]Your doing great! dont be so hard on yourself. keep the protein intake up. if you cant eat it drink it. right now I like isopure because they come in non milk based flavors like tropical punch or green apple. Then increase your activity a little more. If you dont have one invest in a activity tracker like fitbit or jawbone. Also I track my protein intake with my fitness pal.
  6. SomeGuyJeff
    SomeGuyJeff
    what were you expecting at only 3 weeks?
  7. Lyndamarie
    Lyndamarie
    Hi! I'm a fatty now but I wasn't in a past life. lol. The only way to truly reset your metabolism is with weight training, protein and water.
    Light weights 3xs a week along with the water and protein, you'll be amazed how your body will respond. If you have Curves or another circuit training program around, that is actually ideal. You get your cardio and weights both in with just 30 minutes.
    Muscles burn calories even when you're sleeping!
    Good luck!
    Lynda