aldugan
    Things you need to take with you:
    Extension Cord
    Heating Pad
    Gas-X Strips
    Blow Dryer
    Wash rags
    Slippers
    Very Comfortable Clothes (Loose fitting)
    Shampoo, Antibiterial Soap (NO Bodywash)
    Gatoraide
    Pillow and Throw Blanket
    Any meds you take prior to surgery

Don't need to bring with you:
    Bandages
    A lot of clothes (pack lightly)
    Alcohol swabs
    Butterfly bandages

**The nurses will care for you stitches while you are there. You will need the things from the list when you get home. Add gauze and tape to that list.

I think that is everything. You can always message me and I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

REMEMBER….EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!!!
  2. SomeGuyJeff
    SomeGuyJeff
    ill second the home meds. i have a bad back. so much so i take norco as needed (advil just doesnt cut it). post surgery i found that i could take 1 at night and that also helped me sleep. sleep for me means i feel better as i do no good with little sleep. i also confirmed with the nurse that it was ok to take since i have bad reactions to the pain meds they offer.

i would add earplugs. the person in the room with me snored so bad i contemplated mexican jail
  3. Shanelle
    Shanelle
    Thank You! This is very helpful
  4. MaggieMay2015
    MaggieMay2015
    I'm glad you're doing OK.
    Thanks for the packing list.
    Did you need to bring bath towels? Also why the extension cord, is it for the heating pad?
    One more question: if you cant sleep, is there a way to watch movies on your iPad, is there free wifi?
  5. aldugan
    aldugan
    MaggieMay2015…no, you do not need bath towels, the extension cord is needed because the outlets are far from the bed and yes, for the heating pad and any electronic device. Yes, there is free wifi,s so you will be able to watch movies on you iPad…streaming is slow and difficult though.
  6. MaggieMay2015
    MaggieMay2015
    Thanks! Hope everything's still going well for you
  7. Windi
    Windi
    Is there TVs in the room. If you bring a companion can they stay with you?
  8. SomeGuyJeff
    SomeGuyJeff
    yes there is tv. there is some english speaking tv on. honestly, if i did it over i would load up the ipad with downloads to watch. i live in a state with a ton of spanish speakers and this drove me up a wall. i just wanted to hear some words i understood without having to remember high school spanish class.
  9. aldugan
    aldugan
    Yes, there is a TV, but like Jeff said there are only 2 English channels. And, yes, if you bring someone with you they are allowed to stay with you at the hotel just not the hospital.
  10. carla3
    carla3
    why do you need pillows and blankets?
    I haven't heard anyone say how they like Dr. Almanza
  11. aldugan
    aldugan
    Dr. Almanza for me was awesome. Pillows and blankets are needed because the pillows there are not that great and the blanket will be useful in the hospital.
  12. keke8379
    keke8379
    This is perfect...thank you
  13. michael95472
    michael95472
    Also bring lots of one dollar, and five dollar bills. Tipping and shopping is easier with smaller bills. Everywhere we went to in TJ takes dollars,even room service for your friend or spouse. sometimes our change would be in Pesos. Taxi cab rides are negotiable,no meters. $5 took us too the marketplace Mercado Hilgado or The Revolution Blvd for shopping. There is also a Mall about a mile from our hotel. My wife used her I pad for Netflix. We stayed at Hotel Real del Rio and the WiFi is okay most of the time. We communicated to family in the states and each other from the hospital with our phones using Facebook messenger and imessaging on iphones. No mexico phone plan needed if using wifi messaging. HMN hospital is walking distance from our Hotel. The only advice to give to the guys is to shave your hairy belly, wish I did, would have made for easier tape removal.
  14. IrishLass13
    IrishLass13
    So how big is the incision? I thought it was small like the lap band incision i.e. about 2 inches. Getting the 2006 lap band removed and doing the sleeve.
  15. Lyndamarie
    Lyndamarie
    Thank you! Have surgery in 11days, just printed this out for my packing list!
    You are awesome!!