Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Flying today, surgery tomorrow

1. Mcombs
    Mcombs
    I'm getting nervous especially since I'm going by myself. Any reassurance would be great.
    Thanks
  2. Claudia B
    Claudia B
    I flew a year ago by myself from Buffalo via Detroit to San Diego. One of the best things was not being able to eat the airplane food. You'll be just fine. On the way back I requested wheelchair which made connecting flights a lot easier. See you on the skinny bench!
  3. Cyndy-loo
    Cyndy-loo
    I had my surgery over a year ago and went by myself. I met some great people at the airport and I had an awesome roommate in the hotel. We even went and got a pedicure together. I was scared, but looking back on it - I now realize I was well taken care off. I love my new life and I know you will love your new life in a year from now. The agents and the staff are awesome at what they do so you are in good hands. If you are committed to having the surgery, even though your are scared means you have courage, because courage is defined as being afraid and doing it anyway. Rely on your courage and you will be fine. Keep me posted.
  4. KansasJina
    KansasJina
    I went by myself May 7th. You don't really have time to be bored. You can cab it to the beach for $20 cabs are at the Hotel. There it lots of shopping to be done.

Make sure you get a private room, then you get a king size bed with four body pillows!!!!!!

And do not buy too much stuff when shopping, remember you have a ten pound weight limit, and you will be traveling home alone.

The hotel is full of surgical patients, there is always someone to talk to in the lobby, or sitting outside.
  5. SomeGuyJeff
    SomeGuyJeff
    I just got home last night. Went alone. Turbulence sucked but that's nith to do with surgery.

Look for my post and I give some quick notes but get up and walk. And then walk more. I feel great. A little sore. A little awkward but I'm around with no pain meds. Just know this. Day after surgery sucks. But it gets much much better every hour. The next day I walked a couple miles in town. No wheelchair at the airport and listen- I'm a guy. A big wussy. I'll take Vicodin for a hangnail and this isn't bad. You got this.