Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

surgery in Mexico

1. BCmomabear
    BCmomabear
    I had asked if any one had experiecne with Dr Almanza. As there were no responses, I was wondering if anyone had experience with any other Mexican surgeons?
  2. shellrn69
    shellrn69
    Sorry I must of missed your post. I had surgery with Dr Almanza it will be 3 Weeks on may 3rd. I had a wonderful experience with him. He is a excellent surgeon and I highly recommend him. His staff is wonderful and the nursing care is too notch. I've lost 20 since surgery and I had lost 12 on the 5 day liquid prep diet so I'm down a total of 32 lbs in 3 Weeks. If you have any questions feel free to pm me and I will be glad to answer.
  3. BCmomabear
    BCmomabear
    Thanks Shellrn69!
    I am so pleased to connect with a nurse who has used Dr. Almanza. My daughter and I are looking to book at the end of June. Did you take someone with you? Did you feel safe? By the way, are you in Canada?
    Tricia
  4. shellrn69
    shellrn69
    No I went by myself and stayed at the recovery house. I felt very safe from the time they picked me up at the airport until they returned me to the airport.
    They are a wonderful group of people and give excellent care. No I'm from Texas. You will be in great hands with Dr Almanza he is awesome.
  5. shellrn69
    shellrn69
    No I went by myself and stayed at the recovery house. I felt very safe from the time they picked me up at the airport until they returned me to the airport.
    They are a wonderful group of people and give excellent care. No I'm from Texas. You will be in great hands with Dr Almanza he is awesome.
  6. BCmomabear
    BCmomabear
    Thanks for the feedback. I am feeling more confident all the time. I really need to be sure that this is as safe as possible. My daughter is also having the procedure and I don't want anything untoward to happen to her. It is even more stressful than considering the surgery for just myself. However, I am getting good feedback from a number of sources. As nurses, we know what principles need to be maintained. I'm OK with differences in settings ns long as the standards are maintained. Have you had any complications postop?
    Thanks, Tricia
  7. shellrn69
    shellrn69
    Glad I could help. I haven't had any problems at all post op. I will be 4 Weeks.this coming up Thursday. I've been very pleased with my results and I love my sleeve!!! I've been off all blood pressure medication since 10 days post op. I went back to work a week post op and have had no problems at all. If you think of any more questions please feel free to ask.
  8. BCmomabear
    BCmomabear
    Well, my daughter and I are booked for June 27th. My doctor is very excited for me and thinks that I am an excellent candidate. We are so nervouse and reluctant to be hopefull for weight loss. It is great to hear of other's sucess. My main hope is that my hunger be better controlled. Both my daughter and I have had big appetiites that we aer hoping to better control. This surgery makes so much sense for us. Here' hoping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. realmom
    realmom
    Thanks for posting about your surgery in Mexico. I am scheduled for May 26. My mother is going with me. My father is in total disagreement with going to Mexico for surgery. Any positive news is so helpful to pass on to him. I can not wait to have a decreased appetite and a decreased waist line!
  10. BCmomabear
    BCmomabear
    hI There,
    Thanks to the internet, we can do so much research and be savvy consumers! Show your Dad the summary of the study from the link below. This helped me in my decision making. It looks like this surgery really works. My husband was not ver enthusiastic as well, until I shared what I have learned by reading the study (just to to the summary if it's too technical). Now he is very enthused and supportive!

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/Docum...leeve_2009.pdf

AS well, Mexico is not a 3rd world country, just a different one. I am a nurse educator who works in the hospital. As far as I can tell, it looks like the surgeon and clinic I have selected, Dr Almanza, has a very good record. I am confiddent and ready to get on with the procedure!
  11. Ranch Nurse
    Ranch Nurse
    Several fellow nurses where I work have already been sleeved by Dr. Almanza with wonderful results and great experiences there. I get sleeved on Nov 19 and am so excited!
  12. Jenniferkatie
    Jenniferkatie
    I''m going in July 8th with Dr. Garcia! I'm super excited and scared at the same time! I'm going to be going by myself for my "mini vacation" to mexico...first time i'll have been away from my whole family for more then a day while in the hospital having my 3 little ones...And this is a big procedure...very nervous but excited to get the old me back and get rid of all this extra weight...can't wait to see how little i can get I've always been "big" even in high school i was aprox 170's...i'd love to get back to 170! I wouldn't even know what that felt like its been so long! Just 115lbs to go!
  13. nworkman83
    nworkman83
    Okay so I also am going to get surgery done by Dr. Almanza in Mexico on March 27, 2015 I work on the medical floor in the hospital I'm excited about getting the surgery but I'm afraid to tell my coworkers because I'm afraid the first response they're gonna give me is that's not smart to go down to Mexico even though I've done all my research and feel comfortable with it. Sometimes I feel alone because I'm excited and want to tell my friends at work but on the other hand I don't want to be judged has anyone else come through this being in the medical field?