Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Leaving to go home tomorrow

1. AmberNurse
    AmberNurse
    Doing great and actually of the 12 people I have met so far it seems that everyone has been doing well. I have been in no pain or nothing. I feel great! Had leak test today and no leaks!!! I would highly recommend Dr. Almanza and HMN hospital and the hotel. Alex is the RN on from Monday to Saturday Morning. She is great! You will get to meet her. Would do it again minus the Ng tube though LOL that was terrible! But a necessity! Good Luck to you all coming down and if I can answer any questions please let me know!!! Luv to all! Amber
  2. Monker2001
    Monker2001
    That's great news.
    I will be sleeved next Friday (29th) and I was wondering how long do they keep the NG tube in?
  3. MaggieMay2015
    MaggieMay2015
    Thank you for this great burst of hope! I'm so glad you're doing well and on the way home!
  4. Bronxgirl635
    Bronxgirl635
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that all is well with you.
  5. momma_moreno
    momma_moreno
    That's awesome! I am aiming to schedule my sleeve at the end of August when I finish my current school semester. Any pointers for those who will follow your footsteps soon!?
  6. AmberNurse
    AmberNurse
    follow what they say to do before and after surgery. Don't listen to the nervous nellies or trolls posting bogus BS. I am a nurse and found the care, cleanliness to be just fine. Bring wet wipes with you though as the bathrooms do not have towels or wash cloths as you cant take showers there--but I needed them because of throwing up, peeing on myself and floor multiple times! LOL Yes they changed my bed sheets many many times and laughed with me when I made fun of myself LOL but just know that the NG tube is only put in if you are having the lapband removed and gastric sleeve placed. Everyone will have different experiences than the next--it happens. Yes there is a place called the Revolution---an outside market and shops--we all went today and walked around for 3 1/2 hours--yes you do sit some but I enjoyed getting out and about! Good Luck and if you have ANY questions at ANY time---please PM me--I will answer it!!!!
  7. secretblonde
    secretblonde
    I stayed in hospital 3 days and nights ...had showers daily ..asked for a received new towels daily .... everyone's experience is different .Alex is great .good luck with your journey!
  8. Cyndy-loo
    Cyndy-loo
    I just realized I had my first year anniversary a couple of days ago and did not even notice the date. One year out and everything has changed. I am now happy, health and fit. I have changed jobs for the better (my last job was slowly killing me) and the opportunities keep pouring in. I never look back as there are so many rewarding things coming in the future. The sleeve is a tool that has worked wonders for me and I am hoping it will for you as well.
  9. blemons
    blemons
    Does the hotel have a pool? Not for me but I'm.bringing a guest
  10. SomeGuyJeff
    SomeGuyJeff
    About 25 mins from landing in San diego. Maybe I'll see you at the airport today
  11. KaychieB
    KaychieB
    Cant take showers???
    I will sneak one or two in daily. I cannot live without a shower! lol
    I am excited, my nerves are gone, I am so ready to get this done.
    I start my pre-op diet on Saturday 5/23 (10 days) I am going to cry! lol not really, I am ready!
  12. KaychieB
    KaychieB
    I am glad everything went well Amber!
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience!
  13. MaggieMay2015
    MaggieMay2015
    Amber, I'm so happy for you that you had a positive experience. Thanks for all the posts, I felt like I was right there with you! You've relieved my mind a lot on the unknowns.