Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Just a Happy Update to Encourage you

1. ihavestandards
    ihavestandards
    I had my surgery in August 2014. I was 247 lbs size 18-20. I felt like a tub of lard. At 31 years old, I was disgusted with my appearance and the fact that I felt like an 80 year woman with aches and pains. I couldn't climb the stairs without being short of breath! Today I am 169 lbs, size 10 and feeling great. I am active in the gym and crossfit. I am ACTIVE and PAIN FREE other than my muscles when I MAX out! I am a different person! My marriage has changed for the better! My husband who was always loving and supportive even after I gained the weight, is thrilled that I have the confidence that I was lacking for the past 5 years. My grocery bill and dining out bill has been reduced significantly and date night doesn't have to include dinner! Instead of going out to eat, we go out for put put golf or kayaking. IT WAS NOT EASY! IT WAS A STRUGGLE!! BUT IF YOU COMMIT AND SAY I WILL DO THIS! I WILL CONQUER THIS CHALLENGE and THE PAIN YOU WILL WIN THE BATTLE! I just wanted to reach out to the person who may be struggling with the decision to go through with this surgery. My only regret is not doing it sooner. It was worth it.
  2. SomeGuyJeff
    SomeGuyJeff
    congrats and thank you.. im 3 weeks out myself and looking forward to everything
  3. angie 3
    angie 3
    amen sister! That's how I feel im enjoying new health & the world im living in now!
  4. Nancy23
    Nancy23
    Awesome journey! Congratulations.
  5. jranitinyjai
    jranitinyjai
    My surgery is in a few days and I am struggling so much with this liquid diet. I am really looking forward for this because my mother and two sisters have already went thru it with the same doctor. I just don't think they struggle with binge eating like I do. I know I have to change my relationship with food. I am just a bit worried since I can't seem to follow the pre-op diet to the T. How did you manage? And by the way; congratulations on your results and how you have changed your life. I honestly can't wait to enjoy life as you are doing now as well =)
  6. CeciG
    CeciG
    I can certainly use some encouragement. My surgery is scheduled for this coming Saturday so I'm on the pre-op diet right now and boy it's been a challenge!! Just have to keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it in the end! Thanks so much for your message of encouragement!!
  7. ihavestandards
    ihavestandards
    The preop - post op diet sucks. My words of advice are sUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!! Nothing tastes as good as looking great feels!! This is not a easy fix! It's going to be hard but you have to force yourself to be stronger then the desire for food! You need to have a love affair with yourself! Fall in love with you! Don't let failure be an option!