Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How to reach my family after it's done?

1. AnnNTexas
    AnnNTexas
    I have AT&T. Will I be able to call or text my family from my cell phone? Sorry if this has already been answered. Just very anxious because I know they will be worried.
  2. angel782
    angel782
    Text yes. Call you will have to have the international calling. Had mine turned on for the 5 days I was there and it was only like 30 or 40 dollars. Make sure you turn off your data while there cause if you don't you will get lots of unexpected charges. Had problems with the hotel wi-fi it didn't work all of the time.
  3. AnnNTexas
    AnnNTexas
    Great information! Thank you!
  4. minnni
    minnni
    If you have iphone to iphone ... you can go on the hospital wifi, and face time your family.
    If not, you can download viber or skype and call them using wifi.
  5. AnnNTexas
    AnnNTexas
    Thanks minnni!
  6. New Reflection
    New Reflection
    I called AT&T and told them the time period I needed for International Calling. The cost was between $30 and $40. Wifi at the hotel worked great. Most of my VIPs (such as yourself) are on Facebook so I was able to update daily.
  7. AnnNTexas
    AnnNTexas
    Thanks New Reflection! Mate does not facebook, neither does my mom or dad. Just want to be able to call and reassure them once it is over with and I am out of recovery.
  8. SharDye
    SharDye
    What about Verizon?
  9. Farmgirl03
    Farmgirl03
    I used voxer cna Tango on my phone
  10. Ali3971
    Ali3971
    Verizon has a international plan for about $15 and it worked great for my mom.
  11. KaychieB
    KaychieB
    Does anyone know how TMobile works out there.
    I called them and already have international calling $0.20 per minute.
    I also have an iPhone and know I can use wifi calling. I also have whatsapp, viber, etc.
  12. HalloweenGirl
    HalloweenGirl
    I have T-Mobile and used it while there. There is no data, but text and calls work fine. And you can get data if you get on the hotel or hospital wifi. I called my family directly after coming out of surgery and had a very funny anesthesia-induced phone call for a few minutes, while barely keeping my eyes open.
  13. KaychieB
    KaychieB
    I called TMobile and found out that I have international text/calling with my plan without an additional cost.
    I also have Viber and other social media outlets as well!