Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

PRE-OP Liquid Diet ~ "What is your favorite mixture or Potion?" :0/

1. deangelia
    deangelia
    I have bought several different shakes and powders, Crystal light and PB2... It all seems blah! I am determined but would like some advice on mixtures, or best practices besides just the plain shakes. Thanks!!!!
  2. alyson1975
    alyson1975
    Hi i am a chocoholic and i bought this and loved it. It tastes like a proper milkshake absolutley georgous.
    PhD Diet Whey Protein Powder 2kg belgion Chocolate Sold by: Monstersupplements i bought it off amazon and had a really good deal compared to others that ive seen out there also i thought it tastes better with water not as thick as having it with milk and less calories xx
  3. mutterma77
    mutterma77
    I decided to try an unflavored protein powder, just to try. Nectar unflavored, used at a slight teaspoon per 16 oz, adds protein without flavor. If you can taste it, you put too much. I drink flavored water, this just adds to the protein. 0 carbs, so it's good for the pre-surgery diet.
    I also really like Puritan's Pride chocolate whey protein for her. Yummy, not too much, light tasting.
  4. mutterma77
    mutterma77
    Oh - my pre-op diet is NOT a liquid diet - just super low carbs, and lots of protein! As much meat, cheese, and eggs as I want, very little in the way of veggies. Salad ok, low carb dressing..... have to stay 30 or fewer carbs/day.
  5. Katykate2014
    Katykate2014
    For unflavored I like Genepro's protein powder and my go to pre-made drink is Premier Protein in chocolate. That is the only one I have found that I truly like. When I get bored of plain chocolate I add a small amount of Torani SF syrup... peanut butter, peppermint, raspberry, the options are endless.
  6. Nancy23
    Nancy23
    I tried Un jury chicken flavor. Didnt mix well and 770 me sodium...yikes!
  7. Nancy23
    Nancy23
    I tried Un jury chicken flavor. Didnt mix well and 770 me sodium...yikes!
  8. jazzbelle
    jazzbelle
    Nectar Chocolate Truffle!! It won't replace a thick shake from Sonics but, it will do the job. Also trying Fuzzy Navel which is a good blend of peach and orange flavor. They mix easily in shaker cup with the metal ball. I mix with ice and water, no milk.
  9. kmvalade
    kmvalade
    I have been using a chocolate protein powder from biotrust...a bit expensive but good product 25 gm protein.. BUT I just met with my dietitian for bariatric and she showed me one with 30 gms of protein! It's callen Premiere Protein. I got the bottles from sam's club and they were only $1.32 each (in a pack of 12) They are premixed and taste awesome! I tried the strawberry this morning and it was good but I would want to blend it with just a few more strawberries or add a bit of stevia. but the chocolate is amazing. I love love love it. I'm going to drink this forever because it has 30 gms protein and I won't have to worry if i'm eating enough.
  10. ashbear0606
    ashbear0606
    I have been mixing sugar free pudding into a vanilla whey protein shake. Makes it thicker and the flavors are rich and yummy
  11. Regina01
    Regina01
    I am drinking Isopure. It is at GNC and it taste like flavored water. It has 40 grams of protein 160 cal and no sugars.
  12. izzi cast
    izzi cast
    I'm just starting our and my Fav so far is Click Coffee. I really don't like the flavor of some sugar replacements so i've purchased unflavored to add to broths but i also want to mix my own flavors with stevia or whatever sugar replacement i grow attached to. I used a amaretto Loriann baking emulsions that i had around the house it was Ok a bit to strong in my coffee but i've purchased strawberry and coconut which i have hi hopes for.