Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What is the deal with the scale

1. nikkipiki
    nikkipiki
    I am 8 days post op and I have lost 5lbs today, but yesterday I lost 13lbs. I weighed in the morning both times. What is the deal here? Anyone else or am I alone? I even had my husband read it. I began walking on day 5, only .5 mile at this point. I feel fine. The only thing I am struggling with is the water intake. I can drink the broths, the protein shakes, and strained soups BUT water for the last 2 days is something I can't seem to do much of. I hate the taste of water. So what is the deal with the scale? HELP. Scared to eat and afraid this wont work.
  2. Angel.A
    Angel.A
    I wouldn't worry about the scale just yet(IMO)
    Best of luck tho I have my surgery the day after Easter 😁
  3. mutterma77
    mutterma77
    You'll probably stop losing week 3, when your body goes in to starvation mode. I was told not to expect much the first month, since your body is healing. Your protein drinks, broths, etc, all count toward your water requirement, so just keep pumping those for now! You can also flavor the water with things like Crystal Light - that's the only way I can drink water! Good luck! Keep us posted!
  4. projax5000
    projax5000
    are you sure your scale is working? I had a scale that was all wonky like that...I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on
  5. nikkipiki
    nikkipiki
    Thank you all. I feel better. The scale is accurate. I weighed this morning and moved down. I am now 13 day post op and lost 15 pounds. Not going to weigh myself again for a month.