Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Passport

1. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    For those who have been to Tijuana recently, through A Lighter Me with Dr. Elias Ortiz, did you need a passport? I had one when I went. Our daughter is scheduling her surgery and I wondered if it was necessary when you went recently. What documents were acceptable at the border?
  2. Chonda
    Chonda
    YES it's part of their requirements... I have friends there now that had to have it... It's better for the guys bringing you back across the border since they aren't actually citizens coming back in. But I do believe you can get by with a passport card.. I would suggest you checking with Janese before taking any chances or causing a problem for any of the guys.. Getting thrown into a secondary checkpoint thru the border is no fun and causes lot of headaches...
  3. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    I went last February. The law states that you must have your passport. With that said, if you walk or drive over the border, your passport card is all you need (it's cheap, like only $35 and gets issued relatively quickly)- I had my "real" passport from a trip to Thailand a few years earlier, but my husband used his passport card - with no issues. We also live in South Texas and use his passport card when traveling to Progresso regularly - never any issues. It is a legal passport as long as you are walking or driving. NOW, saying that, they will not stop you from crossing the border without your passport as long as you have your state issued ID and birth certificate original - HOWEVER, you are likely to sit at a secondary checkpoint which can cause you to miss your flight, cause other people to miss their flights if they are traveling at the same time as you, and is a huge headache for your drivers taking you back over the border. The passport card is just a cheap and feasible option if you don't want to get the big passport. Besides, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
  4. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    Thank you to everyone!