Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Am I crazy, but I'm second guessing my decision with Dr. Almanza and thinking about switching to Dr. Elias Ortiz

1. minnni
    minnni
    Hi,
    I put my deposit down, flight is all booked, and my surgery date is 3/26/2015. Of course I'm researching everything about Dr. Almanza and getting concerns about the volume of patients he is seeing and thinking maybe I should just lose my deposit and book with Dr. Ortiz.

I have come across several warning against Dr. Almanza and now I'm second guessing myself... HELP...
  2. Kee77
    Kee77
    Dr Almanza does do alot of patients. The way I worked around this was I ask the schedulers what are his lighter days. They told me the middle of the week is better than the start or end of the week. Also I think March is a busier month because of tax season. IJS Maybe you can call them back and have them let you know how many are scheduled the day you are going. Clearly, you have to be comfortable with your decision also, you can ask to go first on day of surgery also. Good Luck.. I go Wednesday...
  3. trulyamazingtoo
    trulyamazingtoo
    Ultimately the choice is yours. If you feel the need to change go with your instinct. I had the same feelings as you amd was so scared to get my surgery with him. I really wanted to change doctors but was able to pay for half with my FSA. I prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed. I dont know if you believe in God or not but I do and went to him for guidance. I was so afraid. I thought I was going to die or have a lot of complications. When I say I prayed I prayed. I prayed while waiting for them to come get me and take me to prepe for surgery. I prayed while waiting in the room to go into the surgery room. I made everything right andcwas prepared to die. I know this sounds funny but the post I read 2 days before my surgery really scared me. When I opened my eyes after surgery I just said THANK YOU THANK YOU THaNK YOU. I prayed all that day and the next day about complications. It was not the best experience, it was not first class service but it was clean and I and 2 weeks out and down 20 pounds. I didnt have any pain whatsoever but I did have severe vomiting.
  4. minnni
    minnni
    Thank you Kee 77 and trulyamazingtoo... I have called dr. ortiz office and if they have room to fit me, then it will be my fate to switch but if they can't see me... Dr. almanza it is... I'm ok that he sees lots of patients, which just means he is pro and he is really good. I have asked my coordinator how many operating rooms he use and how many laparoscopic tools he has and how he is able to sterilized them so quick in between all the patients...

Just to make sure ...
  5. SharraMorris
    SharraMorris
    I had surgery Feb 5th. W Dr alamanza. It was a good experience. I am doing great with no complications. I actually have a friend that had it in the states last wee and has had a much my difficult time and complications. alamanza does lots of surgery but has it down to an art.
  6. minnni
    minnni
    Thanks Sharra,
    That is the reassurance I needed... I'm going to stick with Dr. Almanza and just go with my gut tells me. It was my husband who asked me to reconsider after doing some research on his own.

Thanks again...
  7. Kee77
    Kee77
    I fly out in the morning so I will keep you updated Minnni on my prorgess. I have a surgery buddy from this site too, and we are both going on the same date. I email and talk to her often. We are the only two from this web site that are scheduled. It may be helpful to find you a surgery buddy to go thru everything with.. Thanks again for your well wishes! I am gonna need them. Trulyamazingtoo I will be in non stop prayer as well.