Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Five days post op...........hmmmmm

1. linzy2886
    linzy2886
    Im sure this will get deleted because its not the most positive post. I have my surgery with Almanza on the 4th, got home last night and boy was I glad. Im still a bit in the middle about my decision im not sure if it was right or not. I mean im glad I did it but worried about the long run and the short run,infection etc. I do feel pretty good though considering I just had surgery. There were 11 surgeries the day of mine and 15 the day after, I think thats way to many. Anyways got us all prepped and it was good, then when it was my turn to go back I walked into the OR they girl I met was laying on the table having surgery plain as day. Then they took me to the room next to her and put a blanket on me, nobody spoke english back there. I laid there hearing them washing the utensils in the metal sink it was scary. After the surgery I woke up in a room with four women which was great because i sure didnt want to be alone. I cant say that i was in awful pain or anything just uncomfy and so sick to my stomach. we stayed there one night which was so long. Then went to the hotel, it was the LOUDEST place i have ever stayed it was insane. There was a party every night down stairs, sirens,motorcycles,people screaming etc. The beds and pillows were like laying on the ground it was so hard. It was very nice to the eye and clean so that was a huge plus. my advise get ur own room if you can afford it, i shared one and wished i didnt. Nurses are pretty good about coming if you call, but the desk people sure dont come if you need towels etc i called three times for towels and never got them. They also dont speak good english. The guys in the restraunt do though so that was good. After you get the drain out it relieves so much pressure and pain it was amazing how wonderful i felt after that. I was worried about the pain of the removal but it really wasnt bad just weird. I was so glad to cross that border i felt such relief and happiness. We did get stopped for over and hour getting searched and waiting at the border ugh. all in all my experience was just okay, i guess you do get what you pay for. I think if they had a hotel that wasnt so loud and a more professional OR it wouldnt have been so bad. and fyi im feeling really hungry today not sure if its cause its been days or its just in my head. good luck to all
  2. minnni
    minnni
    Linzy,
    I'm glad you are home safe. Thank you for sharing your experience good and the bad. It helps to mentally prepare ourselves. I cer
    Don't expect luxury hotel experience but this is the first time hearing about loud noise etc...
  3. Jmichelle
    Jmichelle
    I heard that the hotel was loud as well, so when I heard that, I figured I'd better bring my ear plugs! I heard there was a bar in the hotel, so if you are on the lower floors, it can be loud. I stayed in a Hotel right off of Burbon street in New Orleans....bad, bad, bad, so whenever I travel, I always take ear plugs. Glad you are home safe, and are on your way to healing. ONe of the other girls that just got back did say the hotel reminded her of a county hospital (insert major city name here).
    I would advise anyone that may be uncomfortable, to save up the extra money and have the surgery in the states. You can't get a non infection guarantee, but it may make you feel better.
  4. linzy2886
    linzy2886
    ya ear plugs and liquid zzzquil. they just told me the last day i could be taking that sure wish i would have brought some
  5. SweetPea22
    SweetPea22
    I had my surgery on Feb 10th which was a Tuesday. The hotel was very quiet during the early week, I was glad I checked out on the Friday as I know the Hotel plays really loud Salsa music and if you are on the lower levels no sense sleeping . The staff in the restaurant were fabulous though and gave us anything we needed and stocked us up. The pillows are like little rocks so advice to bring your own. My experience was great otherwise and I have absolutely no regrets and I am one month out. Hope the rest of you are doing well too .
  6. linzy2886
    linzy2886
    i was there on a weekend so that is probally why. u r right that was prob the best part about the hotel was the restaurant staff! no complications for u sweetpea? Im just a bit paranoid, kinda always expecting the worst.
  7. trulyamazingtoo
    trulyamazingtoo
    Everything stated was true. I had my surgery on Feb 19th which was a Thursday. The Friday at the hotel was quiet but on saturday it was loud until after 1am. Overall it was an ok experience and I would do it again. I had my surgery with a bmi of 35. I lost 20 pounds already. I am happy with the results. I didn not have any pain at all but I did vomit all night the first night.
  8. Aprilel1
    Aprilel1
    I had my surgery on 3/1 my experience was OK I'm glad its all over! I didn't have a horrible experience it was definitely different. Everyone was really nice I feel like the hospital was more like a clinic when I walked to the back for the surgery I felt like I was going into a kitchen Lol it didn't have the hospital feel but I prayer asked for God's protection and that was it when I awoke I was horribly sick the nausea was terrible but 6 days later I can say I'm doing better! The worst part for me was the sickness and crossing over the boarder! We were stopped guns pointed at us hand cuffed and taken to the jail all because they said my dad had a warrant but the warrant was actually for his brother! But all they did was totally unnecessary seeing that we had all had surgery that part sucked!
  9. Crybaby
    Crybaby
    I'm most concerned about your actual surgery experience!? What do you mean the other girl was laying on the table getting surgery?? How far down the line were you in the day? I am sorry you had a sketchy experience before now I was most concerned about the anesthesia but now I'm worried about infection
  10. PamelaShelton
    PamelaShelton
    I had my surgery done on February 27 and I am a nurse so I was very aware of everything that was going on. Most patients do not see the operating room or the recovery room because of the drugs the anesthesiologist gives you. The recovery room and surgery room operating room is not much different then the room surgery and recovery rooms in United States. The hospital is a very small hospital because it is a private hospital so you have to have cash to stay there. Most citizens in Mexico cannot afford to stay in that hospital. Because it is a small hospital they do not need a large staff. The staff that works there is specially trained to do the protocol for VSG.
    It is unfortunate that you took a wrong turn and ended up in the operating room as you were not scrubbed or sterile but My experiences at the hotel was very good I did not have any excess noises beyond just the city noises and at that point I had so much medication that I really didn't notice but if I were you I would have asked for a different room. The staff was wonderful I did not have a problem with The language barrier but I do speak a little Spanish and they spoke a little English so that was good. I found that the nurses on staff at the hotel were much more efficient than the nurses in a regular hospital. Remember I am a nurse and I have been frustrated for years with the problems that people face when they are in a US hospital.
    My daughter actually was in a coma for six months because of the nosocomial infection which is an infection acquired at a hospital so I was very aware of the cleanliness and procedures done and in my Opinion they were done well. It sounds to me like you were expecting a type of hospital in the United States when in fact you were in another culture. Don't be fooled that what you know there are a lot of problems in the hospitals in the United States Marissa being one and now see death is on the rise not only within the hospital but also in doctors offices . I understand your concerns , but for the most part I feel they are unfounded and you saved a ton of money and when you have loose skin and want that removed think about what I've said and consider Mexico for the plastics .

I hope your recovery goes smoothly don't push it too fast too soon or you'll just go backwards take it easy and do what they tell you and the Staloch. sure you left quickly in the recovery room it's very very similar to the United States except that in the United States there are many more people in the recovery room and only one or two more nurses there were two nurses in the recovery room checking on the patient so there was a one to one ratio for patient nurses. In a hospital in the United States it is not uncommon to see a 5 to 1 up to an 8 to 1 patient nurse ratio.
    I did not get sick and in fact was up all night walking around with my little IV pole and took a lot of time to talk to the nurses about their training and what is expected of them how many people they have etc. so I made myself knowledgable about every aspect of the procedure.

Best of luck on your continued recovery.
  11. PamelaShelton
    PamelaShelton
    Sorry for the goofy wording... MERSA and CDif were the diseases. I don't know what happened and why it's weird so goofy please forgive
  12. Healthynana15
    Healthynana15
    Okay, I had my surgery March 2/15. I am a nurse and I know other nurses that have gone to Dr Almanza for this surgery. My honest opinion is it was like being in a hospital 30 years ago. The nurses were run off their feet, at least they were last week! They do their very best, some better than others. Most did not alcohol swab my IV before adding any medication to it. I even had a nurse tell me it was crazy as the doctor was doing 90 patients last week instead of the usual 60 due to the fact people got their tax returns back! The hotel was exactly like you described! Nice to look at and clean but so so NOISY and hard beds and pillows. Restaurant staff great. There were sirens and loud people partying on our floor every night, one night until 3am! I wore ear plugs but still had trouble sleeping through that noise. I am one week post op today and doing okay, but still having a hard time getting fluids in, maybe 40 oz a day. Water is very hard to get in, warmed helps a bit. Can't wait to start protein shakes and full fluids tomorrow for more energy. Rating my experience to this point would not be very high I'm afraid. Praying all goes well and my memory of this will improve.
  13. JLNorris
    JLNorris
    Pamela Shelton thank you! I was a nurse as well being there for surgery and I could not have said it better. They had parties every night but my hubby and I never heard it. Unless we went down stairs. A friend was right over it and they moved her immediately when she asked. Thank all of you for sharing. And the beds... no problem slept like a baby. Maybe because we've had to sleep in alot worse beds. I loved the experience. Best to all.
  14. Kee77
    Kee77
    Sometimes I feel like the comments on here are professionally written... IJS
  15. Aprilel1
    Aprilel1
    Just posting my whole experience I thought that's what the sight was for. But Dr. Almanza said something that made me feel like I made a great decision he said my English is not good but my hands are very good! So he's a great doctor and his nurses were excellent. Edward was great!