Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

February 2015 Sleevers - How are you all going?

1. denzel
    denzel
    Hi all,

I was sleeved 2nd Feb in Western Australia.

All going very well for me.
    I have been super busy and very physical getting ready to put my house and contents up for sale.

My dietician and surgeon have a strict post-op food regime.
    Full fluids for 2/52, purees 2/52, soft foods 2/52 and then I guess usual texture foods.
    I go back to see the dietician then.
    But I am kinda stuck on the purees and fluids as I have a very small intake. I am meant to be on 'soft foods' - ah well, better to be slower than take it too quickly!

I was borderline BMI pre-op, 30 and have dropped down to 26. something.
    Weighed 70 kg day of op, now 62 kg. Dropped 2 clothes sizes
    No regrets!!!

How are you all going?
  2. Lynn54
    Lynn54
    I am having trouble getting enough protein in. Protein shake would need to drink 2 then that is pretty much the only intake fit the day. Makes me to full. Even difficult drinking waster with the shakes. That only gives 330 calories and not enough hydration. Any suggestions!
  3. denzel
    denzel
    Like you, I am not getting in sufficient protein.

I pledge to myself to do better tomorrow, even if it means just having protein shakes all day!
  4. athertonhess
    athertonhess
    I sip on a protein shake for most of the day, but I also try to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours. I eat about 2ounces of food and am in the soft food stage. Beans go down fairly easily and are loaded with protein. I also sip water throughout the day. It took some getting used to having something in my mouth for what feels like all the time and my job doesn't make it that easy, either. I have two vegan protein shakes and a bottled water in my car at all times, so that helps.
  5. athertonhess
    athertonhess
    My weight loss seems to have slowed down a bit. I guess that means I need to kick up the exercise a notch or two. This morning I tried to have one egg Benedict, but my stomach was displeased, so I think I'll just stick to eggs for now. I'm down 2 sizes, so that's nice and I still feel great. The stabbing pain in my left side went away about two weeks ago and I'm so relieved. I'm not a big fan of eating anymore and am sometimes saddened by the fact that I will never eat the same again - just small bites for a total of 2 ounces at a time, but then I remember where I was and am thankful for the end goal, which increasingly within reach.
  6. denzel
    denzel
    I saw the dietician today as I was concerned about my low intake of food and fluid and meant to be starting normal textured foods yesterday, but I had kind of got stalled on purees and haven't been getting in enough protein or fluids... just don't get up an appetite and had also got dehydrated last week along with deterioration in general health (I have ME/CFIDS + Fibromyalgia).
    Anyway, the dietician was pleased with my progress weight loss wise, and she said basically not to worry about getting in X amount of calories or X amount of food.
    No need to push myself to eat if I don't feel like it either volume wise or calorie wise, better to under-eat than over.
    Also, if I am happy to stay on pureed/soft, no problems.
    Just to concentrate more on getting more protein in - my goal weight is 50 kg so to have 50 gms/day, and also to get more fluids in.
    To have a few sips during the night if I wake up etc.
    To utilise rehydration fluids such as Gastrolyte and no added sugar coconut water as I have been as needs be.

So I feel much reassured
  7. Lynn54
    Lynn54
    I found S protien drink called New Whey. It has 42 grams in less than 4oz. I have to dilute to drink but it's abated texture when I put in -/2-1l water. It really helps get the protien in. My weight loss stalled till I started drinking this. Does tend to take all day for me but I'm getting my protien.
  8. Lynn54
    Lynn54
    Sorry for typos... It's water texture when diluted in water
  9. Parnett
    Parnett
    Well, I'm 7 weeks post-op.. I last went to my doctor a week ago. Stalled this week. Holding at 35 lbs lost.. (221 to 185). Feeling good. I have a problem eating past the first few bites. I take slow small bites but my stomach spazzes still and I have to stop. Sometimes just before I get that first bite in my stomach will spaz in anticipation. It's crazy! So I eat small every few hours or so..( meaning a bite here and a bite there).. My doctor says I'm taking to big a bite, but it does this even with liquid soup..
    Anyone else having this problem?
  10. Parnett
    Parnett
    No new responses..... No activity��
  11. athertonhess
    athertonhess
    2 more pounds and I will be halfway to my goal! Yippee! I still struggle with air in my gullet, though.
  12. Ibleedblue
    Ibleedblue
    I am down 60 pounds - and might be pushing my goal back ten pounds since I only have 10 more to go. My hair is falling out - but I have 3 teenaged daughters who got me the hook up on hair extensions so I try to keep in mind its only temporary. Mentally, I am starting to worry about the slow in weight loss and the occasional GAIN (AGH) but Im trying to let it go. I have been a little more lax than I would like about eating carbs and Im getting control of that. Planning ahead is the key for me
  13. Ibleedblue
    Ibleedblue
    I am down to a size 6!!! I remember the feeling of AWE when I first got into size ten and now I am giving them away because they FALL OFF. Seriously, you guys are the only ones I can brag to besides my husband because everyone else hates me when I say things like this. Ive gotten a couple really ugly remarks thrown my way this week, but I try to let it roll off my back. My 20th high school reunion is in two weeks and I am actually looking forward to it. Hope everyone is doing well, and feeling successful - we earned it!
  14. Tera B
    Tera B
    So happy for you! It must feel great to be so thin already, my weight loss has been slow, I was already 20 lbs less when I got home from the surgery, so really I have only lost 5 lbs a month! I am sure I could be walking more than I am, this site is a big help in support, I only wish we made more group meetups then we could work out together
  15. mellowjoy
    mellowjoy
    My weight loss has gone well. I'm down 69 pounds as of this morning. I did have a two week stall a few weeks ago. It's the first stall I've had in weight loss since having surgery. I do exercise daily and keep my calories between 750 and 800, which is what my nutritionist said was my max. I'm also still using my food scales and keeping my portions at 4 ounces. My goal is to hit my goal weight before the end of the year. I'm glad my other February sleeves are also doing well.
  16. athertonhess
    athertonhess
    Well, I'm down 69 pounds and am starting to notice a few things. One: my hair has been falling out because I'm not good at taking my vitamins. Last week I bought a pill organizer and have put all of my vitamins in it. I take it to work with me and have been better at taking my vitamins for a week. Two: I've noticed I've got some loose skin - not a lot - but enough to make me worry. As part of my vitamin routine, I've started taking collagen in the vain hope that it will help. I've also got some lotion made with mushroom extract and will look for some made with jojoba oil, as that is supposed to help.

I told my husband today that I'm going to start scheduling weight lifting time during my work day (I'm a CPS social worker, so making that a priority has been a challenge, to say the least). I'm hopeful that if I write a time down in my calendar for every day of the week and don't allow anything to interrupt it (absent emergency, of course), I might be successful at doing some weight lifting.

Finally, my scars are an angry red. I'm also hoping that the collagen and Vitamin E (topical) will help. I bought some silicone scar bands that might work. I've used them on the scar on my elbow and the wrinkling has gone down.

Today I had to buy more clothes because the others were not fitting so well and people always make comments. I started crying when I learned I can fit into a size 12 pant. I'm ecstatic.

I hope everyone else is doing well and if you have some suggestions for the hair loss and loose skin, I'd be most appreciative.
  17. Neilo
    Neilo
    Things have been pretty good since Feb, no complaints. Feel bad for you ladies with the hair loss but have been suffering with that for 10-15 years now anyway so I have not noticed !!
    Am down 103 now, it's so crazy. Back almost where I used to be. From a 3xl everything to a L... Nice not to have an X in the size any more! Still have that body dysmorphia that I see myself as so big, hopefully taht will fade in time.
    Keep up the hard work everyone. We are at that time now where the weight doesn't really fall off on it's own and we have to work hard for it. don;t give up, don;t give in and keep pushing through it.
    Fight the fight!!!
  18. athertonhess
    athertonhess
    There's not a lot of activity on here, so I'm guessing we're all super busy. I'm down 77 pounds and am 35 away from my goal. I keep meaning to add weightlifting to my routine, but work is so crazy! I also just had a biopsy to check for breast cancer, so been a bit sidetracked, but my eating is still on point. Hope everyone is still rocking it! Ladies, get those mammograms. 😁
  19. Neilo
    Neilo
    Doing well. Down 110 pounds. From a 3XL to a L and from 50 pants to 1 36. Life is wonderful. Just went on a vacation and zip lined and was incredible. Something I always thought I weighed too much before to do. Luckily no food problems or issues and have had none all along.

Joined a different gym and a trainer this last week to help get this last 15-20 pounds off and tone up a little more. Luckily have exercised all along so no saggy skin. That was the one thing I was terrified of. Back to being an athlete like I used to be:0

Good luck everyone and I hope your weightloss journey is going well.

Neilo
  20. Carly137
    Carly137
    Hello everyone! It's been a little over 10 months and I am down 77lbs. I have hit a couple of stalls because of bad eating choices. I'm back on track and so happy about this decision. I did lose a lot of my hair on the fourth month but my hair is thick so it wasn't that bad but it is now growing back. I feel good and love that I can shop for clothes at regular stores. The first time I cried because for my whole life I had shopped at plus size stores. I can cross my legs when sitting for long periods of time. Before the surgery I was already doing regular workouts for 5 years which was made up of mostly strength training and a little cardio. I actually hated any kind of cardio because I would always end up hurting myself and it was very hard for me to move fast. But now I do more cardio and I don't hurt and I can move much faster. I even sweat! All these accomplishments might seem petty to an average person but to me there are huge! I still have a ways to go but I'm so happy at what I have accomplished so far. Some of the sleevers that were with me at surgery, I can see you are doing well and I was so happy to read how you were.
  21. denzel
    denzel
    Well, we all had our 3rd Surgiversary back in February, and I am wondering how everyone is going?

I actually went off this site (gastricsleeve.com) after being slammed too many times by another member.

Update on me - another three years older lol, post-menopausal. Had a 1/2 body lift and arm lift at the end of 2015. Had got down to 41.2 kg, BMI 17.something earlier that year with gastro.
    Found my "happy weight", for me around 46-47 kg BMI 19.5- 19.94 last year, my dietitians long-term goal for me was 50-53 kg, BMI 21.2-22.49
    Then inadvertently went through seven months of hideousness with Cymbalta Withdrawal Syndrome, had no energy, was hideously fatigued, no appetite control, and ate and ate and ate.
    Recent heaviest weight is 54.8 kg, BMI 22.9, and I am back on Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia/ME/CFIDS nerve and soft tissue pain. For me, a bonus of Cymbalta is one of it's side effects - diminished appetite. I am wanting to get back to 46/47 kg
    I am now in the first stages of meal planning and looking at recipes.

Watch this space for a weekly weigh in!

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you folk.
  22. athertonhess
    athertonhess
    4 years and 30 pounds up! I'm so frustrated with myself. Went back into old habits and stopped paying attention to my body. Anyone else struggling?
  23. denzel
    denzel
    Yes, I have to be SUPER diligent with what I am eating -or not.

It's my 4th Surgiversary tomorrow, so I am going to have to "suck it up" and weigh myself. I have gone off the rails over the last couple of weeks .