Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

To weigh or not to weigh...that is the question

1. Nancy23
    Nancy23
    I am in a quandary! My sleeve date is in April but I am preparing now - especially mentally and emotionally. Of the many things I am learning from this community is that the scale becomes the focus of one's life. I often read statements of joy and excitement when the scale has been good yet much frustration, sadness and desperation when the scale number is bad. I completely relate to these roller coaster emotions because every time I dieted successfully and the scale moved I was unstoppable but when I woke and the number on the scale was not favorable it frankly --pissed me off.

Once sleeved, I don't want my emotions tied to the scale. I want to really connect and learn my body - what it feels like to be full, what it feels like to exercise because I want to, what it feels like to be free of a number, what it feels like to be more comfortable in my clothes, etc. I don't want to get negative because I stalled or the number isn't what I wanted on the scale.

What are your thoughts on this? Has anyone done this?
  2. Green rider
    Green rider
    I think your right. I caught that from posts and vowed that after I had the surgery I would weight once a week and no more. I will move this out as time goes by.
  3. kerrikoplin
    kerrikoplin
    I totally agree. The scales have always been my enemy. It dictates my moods and my friends and family suffer for it. I will go mainly on my clothes. You can't see weight, but you can see the difference in the way you look in clothes. Thanks for your thoughts.
  4. Angel.A
    Angel.A
    I am going to try and stay away from the scale!
  5. Prncssdiva
    Prncssdiva
    I was sleeved January 5, and now I weigh myself monthly as I used to daily and then weekly, but I stopped its a terrible mental rollervoaster ride.. You will eventually see and feel the difference and don't compare your journey to others.. Your body will reveal the progress in time just follow the plan��
    Good luck!!
  6. Seattlebayview
    Seattlebayview
    I was sleeved in August, 2014 and after 6 months with the sleeve, I can honestly say it feels great to go on vacation for 10 days, eat and drink whatever I want and come home, get on the scale and see I did not gain any weight. I do weigh myself more often as an awareness of what is happening in my body but I don't feel that I am obsessed with the scale. Weight loss has slowed drastically for me as I am 10 lbs from my goal weight but I know I will get there because this tool we have works. That is freeing to me more than anything else. The weight loss happens if you pay attention to following a few simple rules.
  7. Monker2001
    Monker2001
    I personally am going to judge it by my clothes not fitting. The first time I fit into a size....whatever...I, along with the entire Northern Hemisphere will know. I will weigh once a week, but not tie my emotional well-being to the scale. I've been there and in all honesty, I'm doing this so I may LIVE!!
  8. Nancy23
    Nancy23
    Thank you all for your feedback and personal statements. I think the clothes will be a huge indicator for me. Personally i dont care about what my end number is as long as i am healthy and not thin.