Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery in 3 Weeks and my family is freaking out!

1. madrake72
    madrake72
    Hi Everyone,
    I will be having my surgery on 3/13/15 with Dr. Almanza. My family and friends are very concerned (some freaking out a little) that I am going to Mexico for the procedure and now got me a little nervous. I would like some feedback on your experiences with Dr. Almanza and the surgery. I am in good health other than overweight and bad thyroid.
  2. Sunnybell
    Sunnybell
    For that very reason is why I didn't tell very many. I had my surgery on 1/29/15. I was a bit apprehensive, but once I got there, my worries were completely gone!! The staff is very effecient and personable. They are also very through with the pre op measures and the post op care. The hospital is very clean and while it is not the state of the art, they have everything they need to take excellent care of you. The hospital and hotel are in a very nice and quiet neighborhood. I enjoyed my entire stay. The staff bends over backwards to make you comfortable and take great care of you. Dr Almanza is great and kind and comes in and explains the procedure and gives you his brief history. He also comes to check on you the next morning before you are released to the hotel. You will be fine!! Keep me posted!!
  3. Jennifer149
    Jennifer149
    There is really nothing you can say to ease their minds... You will probably start freaking out yourself a little about a week before. Just reassure them with the statistics... Dr. Almanza does so many of these surgeries...

I had my sleeve done on November 26th 2014. I went by myself, leaving my family behind to worry. I am 42 years old and healthy. I had absolutely no complications with the surgery whatsoever. I was up and walking (as were the other 7 patients) within an hour of surgery. The final leak test is done at an independent facility, responsible for all the doctors in the area, so that may make your family feel better.

I would truly recommend Dr. Almanza to anyone... in fact, my surgery went so well, my friend booked and had hers done in January! (also no complications....) In the last three months, I have lost 60 pounds... over half way to my goal weight. I have never felt better, and everyone tells me how happy I look. It is truly the best decision I have ever made.

You have so much support here... The worry will still be there and is understandable. It will pass and you will find yourself on the path to your new life!!!!
  4. Ardith
    Ardith
    A friend of mine took her daughter, who is a nurse. They let the nurse scrub in for the surgery and watch. She said that the OR is clean and the procedure is performed to the same standards as they have here. My surgery was almost a year ago, and I've lost 124 pounds. No complications other than some hair loss because I didn't watch my protein intake closer.
  5. Kee77
    Kee77
    My family is also crazed over the fact that I am going to have the surgery in mexico to top it off. But I am boarding that plane on March 11th and praying and having faith that all will be well. I am doing something for me for a change and putting me first! Good Luck Luv!! I hope to see you there I am having surgery with Almanza 3/12/15
  6. Jmichelle
    Jmichelle
    My surgery is March 11th. My sister is calm and is the only person aware that i'm going. I'm flying out March 10th and other than a couple of anxious moments, I feeling confidant in my decision. I've heard the good and the bad, but i'm okay with that.
  7. madrake72
    madrake72
    Thanks everyone!