Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Heating Pad!!!

1. tashakelson
    tashakelson
    Hi,

Can someone tell me what the heating pad is used for. My surgery is next Tuesday and I received a suggested packing list from WLA. They suggested I bring a heating pad. I have never used one and was just curious how it will be used after surgery. Thanks
  2. gigirn
    gigirn
    Hi Tasha, I have not had my surgery yet but from what I have read on here people use to help relieve their abdominal discomfort/pain. As a nurse since heat helps bring blood to the areas applied it may also aid in healing. They are inexpensive and you can pick one up at any target/walmart in the pharmacy area.
  3. Jmichelle
    Jmichelle
    Good advice
  4. Ardith
    Ardith
    Mine helped ease the pain after, but my sister - in - law didn't need hers. It will just depend on how your body reacts.
  5. secretblonde
    secretblonde
    I loved having my heating pad to ease the pain ..but remember to bring an extension cord with you!!! For all your electronics. . Best of luck with your journey
  6. Ardith
    Ardith
    Mine helped ease the pain after, but my sister - in - law didn't need hers. It will just depend on how your body reacts.
  7. Sunnybell
    Sunnybell
    wMy heating pad became my new best friend. It really eased the pain where the gas collected until I could burp it out...sounds crude, but burping is a must. I used it on my back at first and then just moved it to whoever the pain was most intense...it provided great comfort for me, hope that helps
  8. tashakelson
    tashakelson
    Yes! Thanks guys, you are a great group of people. Thanks for all the support!!!