Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

One week out today

1. ShiAnn65
    ShiAnn65
    Please pray for me as I am one week out and a dealing with a flood of emotions ... I am a low MBI and struggle with if I should be doing this ...but I really want to do this for me, I am so tried of the up and down weight, the 3 sizes of clothes in my closet and never feeling that level of confidence. I really struggle with if people will jug me so I havent told hardly anyone. I have the support of my husband ... he just wants me to be happy and he says if this is what it takes he supports me. I also have my awesome sister who also supports me and is actual going with me we are scheduled to be sleeved same day.. I thank God I have her. I also have my faith and the knowing that the Good Lord will be there with me. I pray everyday that all goes well for my sister and I as well as all sleever's I see there is a few of us scheduled for February 23 with Dr. Almanza. May God bless us all and keep us healthy!!😃😃😃
  2. trulyamazingtoo
    trulyamazingtoo
    Good Luck! I will keep you in my prayers. I have a low bmi as well and Im scheduled with Almanza on the 20th. I will be going alone.
  3. Trogers
    Trogers
    My Prayer are with you and your sister. I understand your emotional trials at this time. I myself am scheduled to have my VSG surgery this Friday morning Feb 20. Our GOD is in control and allows us to have this tool for a healthy way of Living For HIM! I myself an anxious to get this part done, liquid diet and preparing for HIS new plan for US. I continue to hold both of you up in Prayer.
  4. ShiAnn65
    ShiAnn65
    Well thank you so much .. I will keep you in my prayers as well.. Good luck .. Maybe I will see you there!
  5. SHUDSON81
    SHUDSON81
    Praying that God keeps his arms of protection around you and your sister and that you both will have a speedy recovery. I will be having my surgery on Thursday, February 19th.
  6. Dawnrogers7
    Dawnrogers7
    ShiAnn65 and all who posted on this particular thread of "Journey with God"

I went to Mexico and had my vsg performed by Dr. Almanza on March 25, 2014. I went by myself, however, I was never alone. Our Lord was with me all the way. I prayed and asked him for guidance because I was a little unsure about the surgery myself. He gave me so many signs letting me know this was the right thing for me to do. I didn't have a low BMI but I can relate to the 3 or more sizes in my closet!

I lost one hundred pounds in seven months and then seventeen more (Thank you Jesus) over the next couple of months until my weight evened out. I have now maintained for two plus months and while the experience was difficult sometimes, it was not nearly as difficult as I expected.

I have a friend who has a low BMI and is contemplating vsg surgery. In MY opinion it would be a great decision for her to make. The constant struggle she has with her self confidence and trying every diet in the world are the same experiences I had. She may not have be as heavy as I was but the tools that are obtained with this surgery are pretty much the same for everyone. It is how you use those tools that count.

Everyone is different, of course. I followed all directions almost perfectly the first few months. Then, I started reading on the forum about folks that "change up" their plans when weight loss seems to slow way down or they have a stall. I tweeked my plan when I "only" lost a pound one week and I never did have a complete stall. I prayed for guidance and listened to my mind and body. If was craving a sweet I gave myself "permission" to eat it! I couldn't eat enough (and still can't) to do anything except gain insight. Again, I pay attention to my body and NEVER overeat.

I believe our bodies let us know when they are deficient in something nutritionally. Of course there are those cravings we may always have and I'm not saying anything new, but it may be your mind OR your body. If I am craving something I eat a small amount (can't eat much anyway lol) then I think about what I ate. Sometimes I'm craving a sweet that has a lot of protein and I increase my protein for awhile. I also know when my mind is feeling a little deprived and I don't ever feel guilty after eating for an emotional craving. I was on diet after diet where I was denied even the least bit of "bad" food and I would always fail because I couldn't have what I wanted, even in moderation.

This surgery is not a diet. It is a way of life and I needed to have certain expectations. I knew I would never be able to eat the volume of food I consumed before vsg and I was ok with that. I had to listen and be in tune with my body, not just surviving another diet.

This is my disclaimer: the information I have shared is what worked for ME. Many people have lost their weight just fine by sticking to a very strict plan or tracking their intake, etc. The main thing I suggest is not to be afraid to "change up" your plan if you stall. My feeling is most nutritionists have not had this surgery and think we must stick to eating only certain things. While this is predominately true, "they" have not walked in my shoes.

I thank the Lord everyday for this miracle I have received and I don't ever take it for granted. The things I always do everyday (recommended by almost everyone) are get my protein in and my 64 ounces of liquids and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER overeat. My body let's me know when I am full and I listen. I have even put my fork down when I was in the middle of a bite because I got the almost full feeling.

I know I talk a lot about tuning into my body and that works for me. So does tuning into Our Lord and hearing and listening to what HE says.

The last thing I will write about are suggestions of things to bring on your trip if you are going to Mexico.
    1) Extension cord if you are bringing a heating pad. The outlets in my room were so far away from the bed I could not use it.
    2) A small pillow to hold on your lap for the trip home.
    3) GAS X (the strips that melt in your mouth)
    4) Pain meds if you are very sensitive to pain. Just a bug in your ear because the pain meds in Mexico don't work well for everyone.

Also WALK as much as you can. And the BEST advice I was given was to have the person you traveled with or your room mate or ? to pat you on the back like they are burping a baby. This can help relieve some of the gas you will have.

This is a long post but I wanted to relay information that was important to me and may help someone else.

I give thanks to Jesus everyday. I will be praying for all of you to be blessed on this exciting journey you are embarking on towards a new life.
  7. ShiAnn65
    ShiAnn65
    Thank you all of you, for all your kind words I really appreciate all of your wisdom, thoughts and prayers.
  8. usarmy
    usarmy
    What an inspiration even now. Thank you