Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

When can we start eating regular food?

1. Tera B
    Tera B
    Hi! I was sleeved on Feb 4th, when are we able to eat food? I planning on going to Disney land end of March, hopefully I can eat out!
  2. SweetPea22
    SweetPea22
    You should be good to go end of March . Just portions will be small and def limited . You wouldn't want to spend all that $$ to go to Disney and spend the whole time sick in a washroom . Or better yet spend the $$ you did on surgery to turn around and eat terrible for a week have fun in Disney ! I love it there !!!
  3. laelh
    laelh
    My surgery was the 3rd. I'm on soft but regular food now - as in meat and veggies.
  4. JoeJ
    JoeJ
    I find it interesting how each doctor has their own regimen. My surgery was the ninth (last Monday) and my doctor has me on liquids for one week, pureed food for two weeks, and then introducing regular food according to the diet as tolerated after that. I think the "as tolerated" is the most important part of that for you. Don't stray too far from your diet and chew everything to mush and you should be good. Given Disney prices you might skip ordering a complete meal and share with someone else. Good Luck and have a great vacation!
  5. Patient X
    Patient X
    Disneyland sounds ambishish so soon to me. I would be very careful on fast rides and eating unless you might spend a lot of time in bathroom and be embaressed in front of others. I am sure you wouldn't want to ruin their fun. If you go slow and only eat what and how you know is good for you. I am sure it would be fun for all.
    You have fun and enjoy yourself.
    Remember " it is the happiest place on earth". Or something like that

Best
    Patient X
  6. denzel
    denzel
    I can't see why you can't go to Disneyland at the end of March.

You might want to be a bit smart and take a protein shaker with you and some protein powder, and maybe some protein bars...

I was sleeved on 2nd Feb in Western Australia
    2 weeks post op fluid
    2 weeks pureed which I have until Monday to go and then I progress to...
    2 weeks soft food
    I'll make an apt to see the dietician for then before starting
    food!

But most days I don't eat much, e.g. 1/4 cup at a time, sometimes 1/2 cup...and a couple of times a bit more...disaster. I then get Dumping Syndrome. Nasty.
    Dumping Syndrome: Causes, Symptoms, Foods to Avoid, and Treatments
    It also gives me acute and severe leg pain, related to my fibromyalgia.
  7. Icandoit
    Icandoit
    I'm 2 weeks out and just moved to "full liquids" (skim milk, broths, blended soups, yogurt, thin cream of wheat/oatmeal, sugar free pops and juices (I havent had juice yet, not a big fan). This morning I had a 1/4 cup of thinned oatmeal, was yummy. I've lost 17 lbs since surgery. Need to go buy some protein powder and find vitamins I can stomach.