Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre-Op Diet

1. kzl864
    kzl864
    Hi all! I'm scheduled for surgery on the 6th and am getting ready to start my Pre-Op diet, there's a lot of info out there and it's a bit overwhelming I'm looking for recommendations on specific brands and products that would be good choices for the protein shakes. Please HELP!
  2. projax5000
    projax5000
    I have not been sleeved yet but I am picking out all of my proteins...I just can't get the shakes down the texture bothers me...I found and tested ISOpure....I got it at the Vitamin shop...it is pretty good....lots of flavors.....and also cocotein... the ISOpure has 40 grams of protein and the cocotein has 20 grams...they are expensive but it is what I am going to be drinking....
  3. Blingy4u
    Blingy4u
    There is a protein powder at Walmart that comes in vanilla and chocolate. 30g of protein and it can be made with milk or water! I like the vanilla with milk and frozen fruit in the blender....yummy think I'll have that in the morning!
  4. angel782
    angel782
    The only protein powder I can stand is the Synthra-6 chocolate peanut butter mixed with milk. Like you the texture and taste was bothering me. A co-worker told me about this stuff and it has really helped. Now I just need to be able to drink more than about 2 oz in an hour.
  5. tashakelson
    tashakelson
    I think I'm going to try the Atkins shakes. It has a lot of protien and very little carbs/sugars in it.
  6. Aprilel1
    Aprilel1
    Has anyone tried Glucernia as a protein shake ? I love them, there good cold theyre expensive but worthit.
  7. Kee77
    Kee77
    I start my diet March 1st 10 days I have to do. Uuurgh
  8. kzl864
    kzl864
    Thanks for the replies! I spoke with Alexis at WLA and she suggested Pure Protein or any other high protein low carb, low sugar, powder/mix. I bought the vanilla flavor at Target (on sale right now) and blended it with 8oz of fat free milk and a 1 banana, it tastes GREAT! definitely not what I was expecting.