Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

hello

1. Carmen2979
    Carmen2979
    Hello!!, I am new to this site, and would like some information on how your surgery process went.
    Thanks
  2. angel782
    angel782
    Not sure what you mean by process. I had an easy time with the surgery, although it was all a little overwhelming and scary when it was happening. Left the hotel on Tuesday morning at about 8:30 and by 10:30 I was in recovery. I was up walking within an hour of surgery and I think that helped the most. I didn't have a whole lot of pain. The gas X strips made me nauseous and you can't drink after surgery. I found that rinsing my mouth out helped me the most. When you go for your X-ray 2 days after your surgery take a fruit juice with you and get a sucker out of the basket at the desk at the Xray facility. The drink you have to drink while they take the xray is REALLY nasty but a couple of big gulps your done and you can sip on the juice and suck on the sucker and you will be okay. I am a month out and down 30 pounds. I couldn't have done this here in the states. It was a little scary, but I have no regrets on having the surgery with Dr. Almanza. I still have food issues, and every day is a struggle of choices, but this has been the best thing I have ever done for myself.
  3. Carly137
    Carly137
    Hi, tomorrow it will be one week since I was "sleeved." Everything went as I was told. The doctor, nurses and staff were amazing! It was not easy after the surgery. The gas was painful but the more I walked & prayed, the less intense it was. I'm so glad my husband was with me! If you can have someone with you, it really does help a lot! Up until today, I was only able to handle really cold water, juice and juice Popsicles. But today I was able to have chicken broth without any problems. Through the whole process I keep telling myself that this is just the beginning of my new life. This helps me. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask me. 😊
  4. Jmichelle
    Jmichelle
    Awesome Carly! First week out huh? I like popscicles, if i can find sugar free banana, coool! So, how was the weather?
  5. Blingy4u
    Blingy4u
    @angel782 what do you mean by food issues? I had lap band three years ago and will be having a revision to the sleeve but food issues with the band was an issue, vomiting, malnourished...so Idon't want to have the same problems.
  6. Carly137
    Carly137
    The weather was perfect! ��