Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I thought I'd be getting stronger by now "6 days pos op"

1. Cari2015
    Cari2015
    I am so tired!! Along with my bariatric sleeve and also hiatal hernia repair, I have little or no strength . I passed out twice in the hospital and once they were going to code me. I told them going in I couldn't tolerate too much pain meds. So quests what happened?? I have ate what was prescribed as far as protein and liquids. I am so hungry! I go to clinic on Thursday and see my dr. I want to be feeling better so bad and can't believe this is happening to me. Am I the only one and does it get better?
  2. socialw55
    socialw55
    I don't understand why you are so hungry when they took out the hunger hormone. Sorry you are feeling so weak and hope you get better. I am a little worried having my surgery at 55 but I am going through with it.
  3. mario
    mario
    The removal of the hormone doesn't eliminate hunger for all people, though it's hard to distinguish head hunger from real hunger sometimes. But I definitely feel hungry at times, and I'm only 7 weeks out. I do remember though that for my first 2 weeks post-op I didn't feel hungry at all.

But this soon after the surgery you should be feeling better every day. If you're not you should tell your doctor - before you seem him on Thursday if possible.
  4. sweetie1220
    sweetie1220
    They do not remove the Hungarian hormone. Check with your doctor. I am a year out and I still get hungry, it just does not take me long to get full☺️
  5. Chatty Kathy
    Chatty Kathy
    You will start feeling better with every day. I had my surgery on Feb 4th and finally felt normal this morning. I am not taking pain meds given to me. I would rather not. Took one and just wiped me out. My pain is at least not that bad. Sticking to Phase 2 diet and added yogurt and pudding today with protein shakes and water and more water. Try to get as much rest as you can. I find that has been most helpful. My family understands that I am currently off the clock as far as they are concerned!
  6. Terribj
    Terribj
    I am almost a year post-op and the weakness, for me, lasted a month. I started to feel like myself after about a week but had no energy for a long time. Keep up with your protein and you'll get better everyday. As far as hunger - I am rarely hungry but had work through the old thoughts about what hungry really means. Am I bored? Am I stressed? Am I really hungry? Rarely it is the last.
    Your body is going through so many changes and the rumblings in your stomach may not be hunger.
    Best of luck to everyone -- I can't even put into words how wonderful this journey is.
  7. Healthy Aly
    Healthy Aly
    I totally agree with terribj, it's tough in the beginning but worth every bit of each stage to get you on the right path! You won't regret it at all, it's a fantastic opportunity to change your lifestyle, health & wellbeing so that you can enjoy life to the fullest.
    I'm in a very happy place with everything having reached goal weight & beyond about 5 months ago & still maintaining it.
    All the best & wishing you all a great journey too
  8. Ann2
    Ann2
    Just for the record, I had zero complications and it took me two weeks before I was not napping at least twice a day.

Dunno if you've seen this post, but maybe it will give you a more realistic context to evaluate your own situation:

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/a...unger-etc.html

After all ... this WAS major surgery with a MASSIVE new lifestyle that's been enforced on you. It ain't for wimps. But ... it DOES get easier and easier.