Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hospita Stay

1. martinez88
    martinez88
    So after reading through some of these blogs I have noticed that some people have stayed at the hospital only 1 night but othes have stayed in hospital up to 3 nights? Does anyone know what makes Dr. Almanza think you should stay? Is it due to possible complications?? Also have questions on the swallow test, what is that like? How do they know if there is a leak? What type of imaging is done? Hope to get a reply Surgery date is in 34 days!!! Wish it was already here!!
  2. Miek
    Miek
    Hi Martinez88,
    I was sleeved last March by Dr A. The length of stay depends on the day you have surgery (in my case anyway). I was sleeved on a Saturday and since he doesn't do surgeries on Sunday they kept all of us for 2 nights but never heard of anyone staying 3 nights. Rest assured if you're there just the 1 night, there are nurses at the hotel 24/7.
    As for the leak test, it's not pleasant. They have you drink a nasty blue drink before going. Do yourself a favor and bring a crystal light pack or something similar to add some flavor. Then they take you to a radiology lab. As they image you they have you chug a dye (a little painful) not gonna lie. Then it's over. All in all not bad and 100% worth it.
  3. Bethwowo
    Bethwowo
    I stayed 1 night at the hospital. Some people have revisions and have to stay extra days because they get the drain that comes out of your nose. By revisions I mean they got the lap band and are now switching to the sleeve. The swallow test is nothing to worry about. The give you a little water bottle that has blue liquid in it(small amount)and you drink it before they take you for an X-Ray. When you get to the X-Ray place you sign in and when you get called back they give you something else to drink or sip while they do the X-Ray to see if you have a leak or not. You will get a copy of the X-Ray to bring home. When you sign in at the X-Ray place there is a basket with suckers or hard candy..TAKE A PIECE!!! The stuff you drink is NASTY!!! It candy will help get the taste out of your mouth. Good luck. You will be fine! I promise and congrats!!!! Mine was 3-20-14.
  4. martinez88
    martinez88
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. secretblonde
    secretblonde
    Several from my group stayed 3 nights at hospital .. it was during a major mexico holiday ... so probably the best place for us to be ..because of discos and nightclubs near the hotel