Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello Nurses!

1. amymalc1161
    amymalc1161
    Hello fellow nurses. I am a family nurse practitioner from Georgia and I am scheduled with Dr. Almanza for February 23rd. Any tips or reassuring thoughts would be much appreciated. I am a bit nervous about the whole process of going to Mexico.
  2. sandlif
    sandlif
    Hello, I am a nurse from Ohio. Had the sleeve in Dec (18th) and feel better about myself then I have in a while. I have a good outlook on what I do, just how I look was an issue. This has been one of the best things I have done. You can do this, the pre op diet was not fun but I lost 13 lbs in 2 weeks on the diet, did not cheat once as I knew this was what I had chosen to do. For my surgeon he expected clear liquids for one week before moving to pureed, this lasted for 4 weeks now I am on mechanical soft and loving it. Down 31 lbsin a little over a month.
    Just stick with the plan. The sleeve will let you know if you over eat.. you will not feel well and maybe vomit. I have avoided that by listening to my body. Always protein 1st, then I try veggies (my doc says no raw veggies yet) Best of luck you will do fine. My surgery was outpatient and I went back to work at 10 days.
  3. Peace50
    Peace50
    I had the surgery on 12/8/14 in Mexico with Dr. Quinones. It went better than I expected. I am down 41 pounds and my knees feel so much better. I had my energy back by week three.
    The sleeve is a good tool. I eat 3 small meals a day now and one light cheese snack.
    The protein and then veggie advice is a must and no liquids with your meal and 30 minutes afterwards.
    Wishing you a safe surgery.
  4. gigirn
    gigirn
    Amy, I am scheduled two weeks after you with Dr. Almanza. I am an RN and manage three Family Practice clinics in Kansas. Needless to say I have gotten some grief for traveling to MX for a surgery, but that is OK! Good Luck to you. You will do great. I can not wait to hear your post op story. Hugs, Gina