Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How soon did yall return to work??

1. martinez88
    martinez88
    Im only requesting a week off for my surgery??? Im a referral coordinator so I am mainly sitting dwn, I do occasionally draw blood and give injections your usual medical work...Hoping all will be fine. How much time did yall take off? Still have a month to go for my surgery! feels like forever!!
  2. SharraMorris
    SharraMorris
    I am hoping a week also. I'm a therapist so mainly sitting with some walking.
  3. Suzanne3/12
    Suzanne3/12
    I had my surgery on a Wednesday, I arrived back home Sunday about noon. Went to work Monday and Tuesday, took Wednesday off, then worked Thursday and Friday. I teach high school and was able to sit often, avoid lifting anything heavier than my purse, but I was wiped out when I got home from school. I have heard people who must be on their feet and lifting things waited two to four weeks to return to work. I didn't gave that many sick days left, so I really didn't have a choice. It has been ten months since my surgery and I feel SO much better, more stamina, no aching feet, love how much better I look in my smaller clothes. This is one of the best things I have done for myself!
  4. wpgbrett
    wpgbrett
    I had my surgery on a Thursday and went back the following Friday. I was totally OK.
  5. Cyndy-loo
    Cyndy-loo
    I had the surgery on a Saturday and went back to work the following Thursday. I also sit a lot.
  6. martinez88
    martinez88
    Thank you!!! Love this forum & the amazing people!
  7. Allfire
    Allfire
    I had my surgery on the 19th. I'm going back to work on the 28th. I think we all just have to remember to take brakes and walk. Walking helps so much. I'm lucky because I own. The. Business and because it's so far away, 50 miles, the I have a back office I made into a bedroom last year. I have to drive over the mountains every day, and sometime because it's 2 lanes, winter closes the road a lot. So I'm lucky because I can nap or stay the night if I feel tired or am stuck. Good luck back at work, just remember to walk..
    Take care,
    Lisa
  8. rockscott40
    rockscott40
    I took off two weeks after surgery and I'm glad I did. Everyone is different though.....