Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Cover the incisions

1. trying2live.right
    trying2live.right
    Hello Dr. Almanza patients,
    Question for you.
    I was reading the post op instructions for when we are home and realized that is says that our wounds should be covered for only the first 5 days.
    I am on day 8 and my bandages are still on, being changed 2 times a day and the spray applied, but the incisions are in different stages at this time. Some are closed and itchy, others are weepy and semi open, and/or red.
    I went to my primary yesterday on another matter and she said that they look fine, but I didn't ask about keeping them covered.
    I feel like they would snag or rub so just wondering if anyone has taken their bandages off at 5 days or when they took them off.
    Thanks
    Jolene
  2. MaryC
    MaryC
    I think i left mines on for about 8-10 days till they where all heal,if you have some that are heal you can leave those off and only cover the other ones.
  3. Allfire
    Allfire
    Don't cover them. Spray them 3 times a day and let them start to dry and heal.
  4. wpgbrett
    wpgbrett
    Hi Jolene,
    I had my surgery the dame day is you. ( I am the gal from Canada). I took my sutures out last night. They look pretty darn good. You should take the bandages off but continue to keep the area clean.
    Take care,
    Nikki
  5. trying2live.right
    trying2live.right
    Hi Nikki!
    Thanks for the update, I have removed them.
    I appreciate this group so much!
    Jolene
  6. martinez88
    martinez88
    Hey yall before your surgery was done do you know if the nurses or surgeon used compression stockings or a compression machine to prevent DVT aka blood clots?
  7. Allfire
    Allfire
    Yes, they wrap your legs. I also brought my own cheep pair and wore them a couple of days longer.