Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

hospital stay items

1. anw1588
    anw1588
    for those of you who have had it or are already prepared to have the sleeve. what items did you bring with you for your stay at the hospital
  2. twyla1982
    twyla1982
    following.. I leave on the 29th, there is a good forum about this on one of the other pages also
  3. ALX92
    ALX92
    Your own pillows and a book.
  4. rockscott40
    rockscott40
    Heating pad is a must
  5. Blondena Merritt
    Blondena Merritt
    I had the surgery on the 5th of January. Bring your heating pad, gas-x strips, warm socks or slippers for walking. I also brought a pair of larger panties to wear after the surgery as the gowns are large but they don't cover your butt to well. I did not want to flash anyone. Lol. I realized after the fact that i should have brought a loose sun dress as it would have been much more comfortable go wear after surgery than my pants, especially for the flight home. I also brought my samsung tablet as there was free wifi at the hospital and the hotel. It was spotty but i was able to get better wifi in the chairs just past the nurses station in gge hospital and downstairs in the lobby of the hotel. I was able to skype with my husband this way as i went by myself. Good luck on your journeys to a healthier you.
  6. placebo
    placebo
    I had surgery on the 17th Jan, I bought loose leggings to wear under the hospital gown to feel like I had a little more dignity than I did. I also brought comfy pants and a tshirt to wear home. I also brought my kindle but did very little reading. I kept using the hospital gown as I felt sticky and sweaty and had slight leakage from my drain site. I was hooked to a PCA for the 2 days I was there and disconnected from it the morning that I left so honestly I didn't need much - I slept and dozed and slept and didn't even feel like texting people. Goodluck I hope everything goes smoothly