Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

C Pap traveler .... HELP

1. Rosepetals65
    Rosepetals65
    Has any had to travel with their C-Pap machine? if so, did you have to bring your own distilled water? if so, how did you get it on the plane?

i was told that i have to bring my own distilled water for my machine .... just curious, how am i going to do that.
  2. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    You can't buy the distilled water at your destination? Are you going to Mexico or something? If so, I would call the airline and ask. You may have to get a letter from your Dr explaining that you need it for medicinal purposes. My Dr recommended that I not use my CPAP after surgery because they have to pump your stomach with air for the surgery and he didn't want more air going into me thru the CPAP machine. I survived fine without it and started using it again about 2 weeks after surgery.
  3. tobeabetterme
    tobeabetterme
    I have traveled with my CPAP on several occasions. I use regular bottled water when traveling. It is suggested that you use distilled water on a regular basis, however, use of regular bottled water is fine for short periods of time (according to my pulmonary doctor). Good luck with your travels and surgery.
  4. MsRhoyalty22
    MsRhoyalty22
    Does the humidifier make a difference for you? I got my CPAP in March 2013 and probably stopped using the humidifier by April. I've never attached the thing since. So if you don't need it, don't take it with you and then you won't have to worry about having the right water. But maybe it depends on where you live or the type of heat you have in your home. My heat if forced air and I live in Ohio.