Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

1. moneek
    moneek
    Hey all.
    im just starting out on my sleeve journey and id love some help with figuring out what steps i need to take to get the gs done.
    ive found a good insurance company, but im at a loss with whats next.
    Do i need a gp referral to see a dr?
    How do you decide between drs?
    I live just south of the Gold Coast.

TIA and goodluck on your own journeys
  2. Thinkfabian
    Thinkfabian
    Hey there. Congratulations on your journey. Dont be afraid. Being skinny is the best thing that could ever happen to you. As for the procedures. Make sure you choose your doctor before you get health cover. Just so you're su re youre covered as not all get cover.
    A gp needs to refer you to your surgeon - the oclinic in sydney has a step by step chart. Good luck
  3. Missbent
    Missbent
    Hi Moneek. You need a referral from a gp or you don't get anything back from medicare for the appt. I'm with Bupa and was covered for the sleeve. I think the only condition was that you BM had to be over 40.
    Im on the Sunshine Coast.
    Good Luck on your Journey! You'll never regret it.
  4. Lijast
    Lijast
    Hi , I'm with medibank private I will be $3500 out of pocket but everything else is covered , nut and counselling fees all covered .
    My doctor Dr. Michael Hatzifotis Greenslopes QLD | Weight Loss Surgery Brisbane

Yep a gp referral then he will give you the number of a surgen , u ring and make an app then it goes from there .

I have to have a counselling session and Nutritionist app.
  5. Lijast
    Lijast
    Opps I'm in brisbane
  6. moneek
    moneek
    Thanks for the responses ive made a drs app to get the referral.. just got to figure out what surgeon i want to see. Im hoping ill be able to get into John Flynn and have two names in my head atm.. either Dr Liew or Dr layani.
    Ive only seen a few posts about Dr Layani, but on googling him i saw he was involved in a lawsuit.. so now i dont know.