Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Welcome to Atlanta Sleevers!

1. LadyJu
    LadyJu
    If you are like me, you would have tried most of the fad diets and exercise routines to lose weight before considering surgery.

The decision to have surgery was never an easy one, with all the negative press about what could go wrong during and after surgery.

Alas, we have come a long ways from when the entire abdominal cavity had to be opened during surgery, which created a huge risk for infection and not to mention, complications for those undergoing bariatric surgery. As we have seen over and again, a very minute number of patients end up with complications which mostly stems from not following instructions. Overall, the benefits far outweigh the risks as shown by many of the photos and testimonials on this site.

Mentally, I have already begun my journey, and can hardly wait to have my procedure done on the 21st of this month! I am going to Mexico, and Dr. Almanza is my surgeon. Some of you reading this might be where I am, or have already had surgery. This platform is to extend our support and share helpful information to keep us all on the right mind set which is the catalyst to success.

Please feel free to share from the heart; positive messages of hope, and encouragement so that others might benefit.

If there's anyone out there in the Atlanta region, I'd like to hear from you.

Be well!
  2. ev1223
    ev1223
    hello, how are you feeling since the procedure? I am in the Atlanta area as well, and going through the process.
  3. LadyJu
    LadyJu
    Hi ev1223, sorry it took this long to reply. To be honest, I am still learning to navigate this system.
    I am doing awesome, and I mean it. Haven't thrown up for over a week now. Had about 4 episodes total from eating the old way (too fast)!
    The weight is coming off and people are noticing, clothes are begining to 'hang' and I couldn't be happier!
    When are you scheduled for surgery?
  4. beautifulmess
    beautifulmess
    I am very curious as to why people go to Mexico to have a major abdominal surgery. Being a nurse for many years, that scares the crap out of me. You have some of the best surgeons in the world right in Atlanta! I do understand that if your insurance does not cover it, or if you don't have any insurance, I really do.... I just worry about regulations of operating rooms, actual credentials of the people operating on you! I have heard amazing things about this Dr. in Mexico on this site, but still, I am quite skeptical. THe ones that never make it back are unable to post.

Many docs and hospitals here in the US have programs to help with payment or offer a discounted cash price with payment plans. I worry about that people are sacrificing quality healthcare to save a couple thousand bucks. I am not in ANY WAY slamming or discouraging any decision that any of you have made/ or are about to make. I see that people fly back to the US with no complications and begin their new life.

What about post op care/ support? My doctor sees you for the rest of your life for yearly visits, after seeing you every 8 weeks in the first year. You are required to attend support groups (that are FREE and led by him and his NP). He has yearly parties for his patients to celebrate success. I guess, plain and simple, he just cares and his success rate is astounding. (both surgical and post op)

Just rambling..... I pray that you have wonderful success!!! If you have the answers to any of my concerns, please post back. I am very curious....