Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Here for help!

1. Brivy
    Brivy
    I'm new so a little bkgrd... I'm 25, and weight 310 at 5.11 in.
    That hurt a little bit to say. Anyway I was always fat, but comfortable around the low 200s then in jan of 13 I had my daughter and BAM, gained 80 lbs in 2 yrs since her BIRTH not during pregnancy, AFTER!
    For some ungodly reason I cant loose it like I was able to before, just keep gaining, so I decided to go with sleeve.

I'm in texas so I figured the best choice would be to go to mexico across the line.

heres the ?s

Who do you recommend in Juarez, and why?

Should I go through a facilitator, like belite? Why or why not?

Would you choose Mexico again?

If you can remember, how much weight did you loose 1month post op? 2 months? just want an idea.

Sorry I'm so nosey lol

Also Do any of the doctors or programs you recommend give any cash price discount?
    were selling some land down south to fund my adventure so will have the cash, but every penny counts!

For the parents who got the sleeve, how long after surgery were you back to being normal, I'm a stay at home mom, so down time is going to have to be delicately scheduled in advance, so how long before I can go back to being the mom to a 35lb 2 yr old and send her daddy back to work??

I'm terrible I know, intro with 21 ?'s lol

Thanks in advance!!! - Bri
  2. deangelia
    deangelia
    I am in Texas also and I am contemplating Dr Quinones in TJ Mexico, and also dr. Kim in Colleyville/Fort Worth area. Both have impeccable records. I see Dr Kim this week to se if my insurance will cover and what kind of red tape I will have to go through. My other is Dr Q and he charges a flat $4500.00 which includes hotel, surgery, hospital, etc.... I have heard nothing but amazing stuff about him. I have heard not so good about Dr Almanza (which constantly links his ad at the top of this page).
    As for all the other questions the best thing to do is join groups like Mexico Sleevers, We have the same surgeon, Texas Sleevers , etc (above), click on latest activities, and just okay around on this site reading. You will get SO MUCH support and information. I have literally read this site every single night and day pouring over the information hours and hours .... That's the best thing you can do. Everyone has a different experience, different amounts of weight loss etc. I do know that the ones that regret it are very few and far between.
    Good luck to you!
  3. Brivy
    Brivy
    Deangelia, at the top of the group it says "we no longer support wls with dr. quinones" I just assume without me having insurance Mexico would be the best bet, but I don't like the idea of flying to cali when I can just drive down to el paso to go to Juarez. I'm currently in north texas dfw area but we have a home in south texas aswell.
  4. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    Well, I'm in South Texas as well, but after researching (my husband and I researched like crazy people because this was a big deal) - I thought it was best to fly to San Diego and cross over in tijuana. I had my surgery last February with Dr. Elias Ortiz and it was fabulous... The surgery was also a mini-vacation... I mean, it seriously went that well! You can check out my blog for my experience, but he comes highly recommended from me and so does the entire a lighter me staff. My surgery was $4600 and after flights and spending money, I didn't go over 5k which is pretty good. Seriously check out tijuana - they're the bariatric surgery capital of the world, which is a major reason I opted for them over Juarez. Not to mention it is a huge, advanced city... And MI doctor hospital even has an icu which helped me feel safer if there were any complications to arise... Anyway, I could go on and on, but please feel free to message me for any specific details about my experience!
  5. deangelia
    deangelia
    The reason it says we no longer support Dr Q has nothing to do with anything regarding his capabilities or peoples experiences. I have read consistently great reviews about him. I also have heard great stuff about Dr Ortiz .
  6. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    I went to PV, used Dr joya. Yes I would do Mexico again, good care, clean hospitals. Daddy can go back to work right away, I had almost no down time, in Seattle Wa there is a clinic that sends you home same day. Only discomfort for me was gas pain, it was minor. I had my surgery on a Friday, flew back home on Monday was back at work on Wednesday. They have u up walking with in hours to help with gas expeltion, so you could be taking your baby to the park pretty quick. I took the pain meds they offered which made all these things possible with no pain, without pain meds I still could have but would have felt stiff and sore like I had a major workout the day before. Good luck hope your experience is as good as mine was, my weightloss has been much slower than others but I plug along, I'm off all meds and feel great. Diabetes gone too
  7. Luann
    Luann
    I had surgery in Tijuana, Dr. Lopez. I went through Mexico Bariatric Center. If I had it to do over, I feel good about my coordinator & might go with her again, Dr. Lopez is a very skilled surgeon, very professional & nice enough. Only thing I had huge misgivings with was the facility Mi Doctor Hospital. Yes they credit themselves with an ICU - but it is nothing but a room with 2 beds in it. None of the equipment you would expect an ICU to have. Maybe there is a vent sitting in a broom closet but I can't imagine being in critical condition here. Seriously if you go bad after your surgery you will want to be transferred to a hospital across the border in San Diego ASAP. If their "ICU" and a one to one or two to one nurse keeps you alive long enough to be transported, then I suppose it served its purpose.