Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What's the best payment to be used in Mexico ?

1. Karmalexia
    Karmalexia
    I'm wondering on your experience , did anyone pay with cash or card once you've arrived in Mexico ? I just don't know if I feel comfortable taking large amounts of cash into an unknown territor, or have my credit card on file or the matter of my banking not wanting to transfer or secure the payment once I'm in Mexico .
  2. dhessy
    dhessy
    I brought a cashiers check and didn't have any problems.
  3. Kindle
    Kindle
    Depends on what type of payment your surgeon accepts. My surgeon provided detailed instruction on payment option and procedures. Some places will add an extra fee if you use PayPal or a credit card. I paid my deposit through PayPal and the balance with a cashiers check. I definitely wouldn't pay cash...harder to track and prove payment if any questions arise. I used a credit card and cash for meals, shopping and tips while down there.
  4. MomOfTwins
    MomOfTwins
    I paid for my procedure with a cashiers check. I didn't spend any money will in Mexico, any money I spent was in Texas. My surgeon was Dr Alvarez so I wasn't in Tijunna.
  5. zmdh39
    I have been down there a few times for various procedures, I have paid in cashier's checks, wire transfers, cash, card, paypal...never had any issues...but most people like to avoid the wire transfers. Its a good rule of thumb
  6. Allfire
    Allfire
    If you pay in cash you get a $200.00 Discount. That's what I'm doing.
  7. ChefMissy
    ChefMissy
    I'm paying in cash, too, to get the $200 discount. I am a bit worried about carrying over $4000 in cash, though. As far as shopping, weightlossagents told me that most merchants appreciate cash and will take USD.
  8. Luann
    Luann
    I paid with a check linked to a money market account. I like to save $ but there is no way I would carry that amount of cash. As it was I did get a small discount, I didn't know about it but they were having a promotion & my coordinator told me about it & let me have it.
  9. sugahface66
    sugahface66
    I was told I would only get the discount if I brought cash and I am paying for two people...so that's a lot to be carrying around but so be it...I wish I could use a cashiers check but was told no