Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

1/20/15 Surgery Date

1. sem1983
    sem1983
    Can anyone please tell me about your experience. I am scared and I am hesitant to make the deposit because I do not want to make a mistake. I just need to know how your experience went.
  2. JLNorris
    JLNorris
    Mine was wonderful! I did not go alone my husband was there with me. Dr Almanza came in and explained what was going to happen then answered questions. Then took pictures with us. The staff was wonderful. They answered all my questions and at one time I had to get my deposit back. It was done immediately through paypal. There is a charge if you make a deposit then want it back. You get a discount if you pay cash. Listen to your shuttle driver he will make sure your safe. The nurses are wonderful. The motel we stayed at was beautiful. All the places we went to was very clean and professional. Some places looked very old but clean.
  3. smhagood
    smhagood
    Be very careful and don't expect the clinic to be anything like the hospitals in the states. The hospital is just a clinic and is not modern at all. As for Dr. Almanza, he does take a photo op with the group of patients that he operating in that group. However, unless you speak fluent Spanish, he is unable to take or answer any questions. He did nothing but smile and nod when I had my surgery. My surgery was scheduled for the day after I arrived but he decided to squeeze a bunch of us in the day we arrived. I was shocked but felt unable to back out because I was in I Tijuana , Mexico. I do recommend bringing a spouse or friend as your advocate. The staff basically ignored the patients after surgery. There were four post op patients in the room that I was in for the night after surgery and we really took care of each other. In the hotel, though nice, it would take hours to get a nurse to my room for medication. Often no one answered the phone when I called. I advise you to speak openly with your primary care doctor where you live. He or she may be willing to prescribe decent antibiotics for post op. The meds I was given were not for post surgical use and were useless. I came home with staph infections in all of my incision sites. Please don't believe all that you read about this place being wonderful. Their reported experiences are often nothing like what I experienced. Be safe!
  4. trying2live.right
    trying2live.right
    Smhagood you crack me up.
    Getting sleeved is like child birth, some have a good experience and some don't. For those that don't you have; those that look at the blessings and minimize the bad and you have those that want to bitch about their experience and scare the other expecting women. I have had 7 surgeries in the us and have been far more neglected and scared than at dr almanza. To bad you didn't have a conversation with him because my group did so you are incorrect in saying he couldn't answer questions. Shame on you for scaring others. Be honest but don't assume your perception is the reality.