Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Ulcers in the esophagus

1. Chatty Kathy
    Chatty Kathy
    I was scheduled for my surgery on 12/17/14 and it was cancelled after my endoscopy showed a small ulcer in my esophagus. I have a hiatal hernia too. I have no symptoms at all and was surprised this was even found. I am on medication for a month and praying that it heals because my surgeon claims he wont do the surgery if it does not heal. He said I could have gastric bypass though. I do not want that procedure done. Has anyone ever had this issue prior to surgery and changed to a gastric bypass? How long does an ulcer take to heal? I am very heartbroken because last year my surgery did not happen because my BMI was only 39.8. Now it is 41 and I have insurance approval. Now I can't have surgery because of an ulcer! My family thinks that this is a sign and I should not do this now. Wondering if they are correct. Any advice?? Thank you.
  2. Aquajog
    Aquajog
    Or you can look at is as " good thing I was having some testing to
    get sleeved.I was lucky if this was of done the ulcer would have gone untreated
    for a long time.. I hope the ulcer heals quickly and that you can continue your surgery.
  3. Love4mykids
    Love4mykids
    i've been on a journey too with the sleeve, was scheduled for surgery May 15th,2015 but they found i had polyps in my last endoscopy so it was cancelled until i healed which took a while because i was in alot of pain, i have severe acid reflux which got worst for some reason after the polyps were removed and my surgeon refused to do a sleeve on me because of the acid problem, he recommended a bypass, i do not want a bypass!! so i went in for a second opinion and found another surgeon who saids it will be ok because i have a hiaetal hernia,my family said the same thing this was a sign for me not to get it, im 1 day away and im sitting here asking myself if they're right