Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Updates? Anyone experiencing stalls and hair loss at this point?

1. Tracey8
    Tracey8
    Hello there. 8 months out! How is everyone doing?
    I am so grateful for this process and all that goes with it. Exciting changes and some challenges. Anyone else out there 'stalled' and anyone have ideas on that?

My hair and fingernails are also not very healthy - a small price to pay for feeling SO much better - but if anyone has any successes they'd like to share I would be so happy to hear them
  2. Jes
    Jes
    I'm down just a little over 100 pounds since my surgery. I feel great but I've had some hair loss and my fingernails are super thin. That's about it for any sort of side effects though. I'm going through a little stall and overall the weight loss as drastically slowed down but I seem to breakthrough the stalls. I just have to be patient
  3. Kodi's Mom
    Kodi's Mom
    My hair started to fall out by the hand full at exactly 4 mos out. It is now growing back in and is sticking up in 1" tufts. My nails have always been brittle, but are now peeling. I am od'ing on Biotin and it is really helping. I had a 3 wk stall right around the time my hair started falling out, but everything is now rolling along.
  4. kbmgriggs
    kbmgriggs
    CoQ10 helped my hair loss a bit. I am 8 months put also and at my target weight but I lost 70% of my hair initially (about 4 months out). Biotin and CoQ10 really seem to help along with getting at least 70 grams of daily protein.
  5. Taswitzer
    Taswitzer
    I am in a constant stall. Weeks/months at a time. Then I will loose 5-6 pounds in a week, and back to the stall. Thoroughly unpredictable. Hair loss doesn't seem to be quite as bad anymore.
  6. jpayne
    jpayne
    I am at about 88 pound loss. I was hoping for 100 by Christmas, but that is not going to happen. I am not able to exercise like I wanted to because I am having horible heal spur pain. So I am hoping to get that fixed so I can get on with things. My hair loss has slowed down now. I am taking Biotin and my doctor said vitamin B12. My nails right now are constantly breaking, I think the part that is at the ends is from when I had the surgery. So I am hoping that they will be better in a couple more months. I am finding it very hard thru the holidays, what about any of you? I try to be sure to take something with me that I know is protein. I too am feeling sooooo much better (if my feet didn't hurt I would be great!). I am back to crafting and other things that I like to do. Merry Christmas to all the sleevers, and keep up the good work.
  7. sweetsal
    sweetsal
    Hi All, I am having trouble getting to my final weight goal. I think a lot of that is the arthritis pain everywhere. I am seeing a new pain doctor so I am hoping they will be able to help. My finger nails are doing real good, they have always been very strong. My hair is starting to grow back and the loss is less. My GP put did a blood test and told me I needed 2000 mg of Vit D and 1 Vit B gummy. That is seeming to help with the hair loss. See if your doctor will do a blood test on your vitiam and mineral levels.
  8. Michele Kaye
    Michele Kaye
    I also struggled through the holidays, but now I'm back with the plan. I've lost 71 lb and have 16 to get to my doctor goal for me. I had wanted to lose about another 21lb. I'm noticing a lot of loose skin, kinda surprised me.