Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Scared

1. fyneteacher
    fyneteacher
    Anyone was so concerned/scared that they almost changed their minds? I have several people in my life who are trying convinced not to do it. " just do it naturally"... "That's cheating." I even had someone tell me that they had a dream that I died from the surgery.
    I already have general anxiety so I am even more nervous now... Trying not to have a full on panic attack.

Any advice on how to handle this?
  2. RonaB
    RonaB
    I am about to do this a week from 2 morrow. But I just keep thinking positive thoughts, looking at photos of all those people who have successfully take in the weight off and look absolutely marvelous. I want to be just like them. If you read other people's post, you will see that it is not an easy way out. It is hard work. And you are dieting just like everyone else. I have to look at the sleeve as being a tool to help me in my eating. That is why I did not tell hardly anyone. Everyone thinks I am just dieting.
  3. Redab051
    Redab051
    Don't listen to negative people... Pray bout it and ask God to give you peace with your decision. it up to you now... I love my sleeve. and would do it again...
  4. Dejean77
    Dejean77
    I had my surgery in September and i am down 65 lbs its a big difference in how i feel about myself.... i could not do it on my own...this is a life style change cant eat like i use too but thats the entire point...i recommend you do it you will not regret it i was only in surgery 2 hours...no pain afterwards only gas pains and nasuea...good luck i am enjoying life more now
  5. Leah4697
    Leah4697
    Tomorrow I officially start my pre-op diet and people are trying to scare me out of it too. The closer it gets the harder they push for me to do something else. My plan is to just stay on here and keep reading the positive stories of how our life will change. Maybe some of it is jealousy that we are brave enough to take actions to change and no one likes change.
  6. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    Fyneteacher, When someone dreams of a friend or familiy members death it means that that persons life will change. You will no longer be the person that they have known. Which is true. Once you have this surgery not only will you change physically but you will change mentally as well. Another meaning is that the person they see dying will live a longer life. Don't let anyone scare you or make you doubt your decision. The sleeve is a tool only and it is up to you to use it correctly. Yes it helps, but if you don't continue to work the program you can end up with all your weight returning. So for people to say you are cheating or taking the easy way out, they don't know grass! Blessings to you and keep us posted on your journey.
  7. sisterslim
    sisterslim
    I had my sleeve done 2 1/2 weeks ago and I would NOT change it for the world. Don't allow the NAY-Sayers to stop you from doing the best thing you can for yourself. It's funny people say it's the easy way but that's just ignorance talking and you can't allow their ignorance to derail you from your new beginning. Sometimes it's hard for the people we love to accept we are changing from what they've become accustomed to. This is your time to invest in yourself and don't allow anyone to make you feel guilty about it. Over the last 2 weeks I have realized that the surgery is only a "TOOL" and it's up to me to work with the tool to reach my goal. Be blessed and keep your journey moving forward!
  8. 12NVDiva
    12NVDiva
    Do what is right for you! My best friend told me it was death, my husband said do it naturallya nd resented me for months after I did it, but I feel so much better and I am back to my normal size. I have thyroid problems and I was gaining and unable to lose. I was big as I had been in my life and I knew I wanted to live and enjoy life so I did it 9 months ago and I think it was one of the best choices I made. I prayed victory over myself leading up to my surgery and right before I went in and God kept through the whole thing. I have not had any problems aside from the hair loss around the 3rd month but now my hair is growing back thick and healthy.
  9. rlevett
    rlevett
    I'm going through the same thing. My surgery is January 5th. Everyone is tell me i'm not big enough. I'm 5'1 and 225 pounds. I keep telling them it's not just about the weight. It's my health also and I'm tired of having a hard time doing everyday activities like walking, going up stairs, getting dressed, having sex. It's all hard for me and most of all back problems. I have too much weight in the front of me between my boobs and my gut. Always had the boobs but the extra is making it horrible. Hard to go grocery shopping or too the mall without having to find a seat somewhere. I sometimes have to stop washing dishes or cooking cause of the pain. Do what I do. Tell them if they can't be supportive then get out of my life.
  10. jonsey14
    jonsey14
    Hi Everyone, I'm a bit late with a responding to the original post, but how ironic cause I was getting ready to post something myself about being scared. Went to do the mental eval on Friday and the lady(doctor) was so darn negative I'm like OMG. She was telling me I could die and I needed to know this, REALLY? I thought the purpose of this was for her to clear me and not scare me? At any rate was telling my hubby who said see you should listen and cancel this crap. Hey I just want to be healthy, having been on medication for 10+ years for blood pressure and heartburn, all medication have side effects. So I want off now for my own well being. I enjoyed reading all your responses to Fyneteacher, I'm going to try and print all responses and keep with me. I'm not sure when I will have the surgery originally it was suppose to be Feb. but since I got laid off in October, I'm think the insurance will make me wait a few months later. So I'm going to shoot to have the surgery in April(Easter holiday)? Take care everyone
  11. Peaches007
    Peaches007
    it's natural to be scared. I am 3 days post op. And I was more afraid of coping after surgery than the actual surgery. My fears was and still is would I be able to handle eating so much less; is this really going to work; how will I survive; would I love the new me? Questions that can only be answered in time.
    You have to do this for you and no one else.
  12. slim_chic@heart
    slim_chic@heart
    I'm nervous too. i'm 11 days pre op. i dont have any children, never been hospitalized, or even had an IV hell ive never even had the chickenpocs. So i have no idea what to expect and i have nothing to compare it to. i just try to stay foucsed on the weight im a lose and my new life style and how much fun im a have shopping for a completely new wardrobe!!!!!! we'll be fine just stay positive
  13. Rosepetals65
    Rosepetals65
    If you have made it this far; your mind has been made up. Please allow what others have to say change your mind. Most of those people probably have no idea what we live with on the inside. we have tried all those suggestions their talking about and it just hasn't happened for us.. Get your Tool (sleeved) and use it as a great big "How You Like Me Now" for all the nay sayers. Be tooo Blessed - to be Stressed.
  14. mzkl69
    mzkl69
    Hello everyone, My surgery day is in 1week and to say it "I am terrified" I have had so many medical issues from high blood pressure, diabetes, they say heart disease??? High cholesterol and the fact that I am going through menopause. Im 46 and have been over weight for 10 years. I keep thinking is this really going ro help me or hinder me. My kids think all I have to do is go to the gym exercise more eat more healthier and I'll drop back down to what I was 10 years ago but I have to explain to them it's not that easy you know kids think that you don't try you not pushing yourself you know things are easy if you let them be easy or hard if you let them be hard is what my oldest son told me and he really got me to thinking was I like that these past years did I not try did I not do all the yo-yo dieting the buying Nutrisystem no gym memberships the walking with friends to eat in moderation and its not that...its the fact that my metabolism slow down I got depressed because I lost my job and wasn't able to find a job until 2 years ago so for 8 years I had not been working and that stressful than a self your body changes two different things as you get older and I'm just tired I just want things to change I know this weight loss sleeve is not the answer to everything but it is a tool and so far I've lost 21 pounds preop my surgery date is on March 2nd and I know I will be a success.
  15. Redab051
    Redab051
    I did not have an one to speak negative thoughts into my spirit, You must ask yourself, why you are doing what you are do, and is it for your good. and believe that God will keep you thru it. God can bring to to it, then God can take you thru it with his loving arms and tinder mercies. Never let other plant the wrong thins into your spirit. Only you know what best for you..... I believe you all will be just fine. When I had my surgery I was ready to battle and work to get thru it and believed God for a miracle. I am down by 74 lbs and 30 to go for my goal since August 2014.
  16. moechae
    moechae
    I go in for my pre op on Monday really dont know what to expect