Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Perscription Meds.... Can we....?

1. StacyD
    StacyD
    I was just prescribed Levofloxacin. (Seems theres a hum of some sort in my left lung) go figure. With the surgeons office being closed on a Saturday does anyone know if we are allowed to take these meds? I know we are not allowed to take time released medications but I was wondering if anyone specifically knows about this one.
  2. edubb99
    edubb99
    I know it's not time released--it's just a strong antibiotic.
    Hope you feel better.
  3. GSAM1996
    GSAM1996
    speaking of meds, I read I will be sent home with an anti-biotic and pain meds. Does anyone know what the most prescribed meds are that we the patients are sent home with?
  4. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    For pain, they sent me with sublingual toradol - worked great!
  5. amt5298
    amt5298
    i got sent home with codiene 3 i only had to take it like twice i really didnt have much pain to speak of and a naseua med i had to take it a few times
  6. Dimplezzz2002
    Dimplezzz2002
    Apparently your surgeon did not prescribe the medication...I would delay taking the meds until running it by the surgeon. The surgeon and importantly, the anesthesiologist, needs to know any meds you are taking.

I was prescribed a pain med and two meds for vomiting and nausea and I was instructed to fill the prescriptions prior to surgery so they would be available as soon as I arrived home after surgery. Unfortunately it was a waste of money. I had absolutely no pain after surgery and I did not experience any vomiting or nausea.