Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

September Sleever's - How's it going?

1. jzfisch
    jzfisch
    I had my sleeve on 9/18. I finally got over the stall and have been steadily losing a pound every 2-3 days. I am down 38lbs - Woot! Woot! I am eating all regular foods now but still forget every once in a while that I cant eat the same amount as before and end up eating too fast or too much and it hurts! But that has only happened a couple of times and I am pretty mindful of that now. I still cannot eat any soft bread. My sleeve hates it! If you knew me, you would know that is crazy because I am a bread-aholic! A few things I am noticing: 1) I burp, a lot. I know this is normal but I could literally burp all the time. 2) All the other forums talk about hair falling out within the 1st month or 2. I have not experienced this yet but then there are some forums that talk about it falling out around the 3rd or 4th month. I am super scared to have that happen. I know it grows back but I like my hair and I will panic if it starts falling out rapidly. Anyone else have hair issues yet? 3) I see the scale moving but I still "feel" big. Also, I have only dropped 1 size and I expected to be down at least 2 or 3 by now. Patience, I guess. Would love to hear how everyone else is doing.
  2. Kaygogi
    Kaygogi
    I had my surgery on 9/30. I'm down about 45 pounds from the day of surgery. I feel like I can eat way too much still. It's obviously a lot less than before but I still deal with head hunger quite a bit, and feel like i am eating more than I should. Haven't had any hair loss so far luckily. Lost most of my weight in the first 2 weeks and it's been fairly slow going ever since. I decided to get a personal trainer three days a week to see if that helps.
  3. rjc11
    rjc11
    I was just thinking some these same things this morning I am down 31 since surgery date, and only down 1 size as well. Other than the double chin going away, I just don't see it. I have gotten a few comments at work that they can see progress (they don't know about the surgery). Feels frustrating.... Been good about cardio since getting cleared by the doctor, but weight training isn't allowed until my checkup next week. Hoping that will help some as well.

I haven't had any hair loss yet either. I just got a haircut this past weekend and asked the stylist several times... "are you sure?" He must have thought I was crazy
  4. Vegimen1962
    Vegimen1962
    Hello Everyone....Another 9/2014 Sleever. Reading ur post have made me feel so much better. I'm 8 weeks out and have lost 41 lbs. My frustration is the last 3 weeks, I had a lot of food coming back up,and reliying on liguids for Protein. Also I have lost only 3 lbs in 3 weeks. I know this happens , Stall and no losses, but its frustrating.... I am thankful for the loss and at the same for me, My hair is doing good, a little thinning but not bad. I guess I will increase my walking and up the cals to 700/800 and possably increase Protin to 70/80 grams????? Would love to hear back from any of u with any thoughts or sugessions... Thanks Vegimen1962 from Cali
  5. Gina4
    Gina4
    I had my sleeve September 3rd, and am down 45 lbs. I am having much of the same experiences that have been mentioned. Stalls and slow lbs dropped. I try to remind myself, and my husband reminds me when I start to get discouraged that this is a process and not another fad "diet" like iv done before and dropped weight fast. I am waiting real food, however I am not eating nearly enough or drinking enough water. So that is my goal this week. To up my caleries by eating more often. I too have experienced thinning hair and was told by my nutritionist that that is the result of the low caleries I take in. So I really want to get at least 800. I have dropped 2 sizes and feel better. I am learning to realy eat slow and take small bites. Because as discussed it is really uncomfortable when I dont. I have also, because of travel with work began to eat out in a different way. I only eat off the appetizer or soup menu, I do not let them bring me water or a drink, and I get a take out box at the same time they bring my meal so that I can devide my meal at the beginning rather than the end. This seems to have helped with the over eating.
    Thanks for all the feedback. It is always nice to hear others are experiencing many of the same issue.
    Keep up the good work friends
    Gina