Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Anyone back to work? Aches and pains in the office

1. Roses
    Roses
    Hi Everyone,
    I started back to work today. I can do part time this week if I need it and I just might. I've been to the doctor to have her look at my incision on the far left - I get sort of a pain from that incision around to my side and then my back. She said muscles were cut during surgery and that's where the pain is coming from. It makes it hard to sit and I think I'm going to need to do some walking around to get some relief. Anyone else having aches and pains at work?
  2. Katie14
    Katie14
    I only work part-time so I went back last Monday, 10/20. Because I was going to the office I wanted to wear nicer clothes and get out of drawstring sweatpants. That was a big mistake! I thought because pants were so loose they would be okay, but I also have 1 incision that is healing slower than rest on lower right side and so pants were digging in when I was sitting. I took a lot of walks but couldn't wait to leave at 2:00. Since then I'm wearing loose yoga pants or my drawstring pants. Luckily, my boss doesn't care at all. I feel like being back at work is making it hard to get all my eating/drinking done. I'm back in full mom mode, driving constantly after work too. I've been doing really bad eating and drinking enough... Working on it but it's tough.
  3. Roses
    Roses
    I agree it is tough being back on schedule. I still have a horrible sharp pain on my left side, that's made it hard for me to work normally. Every movement brings me a sharp 'take your breath away' pain. Doc told me to get an abdominal compression wrap which is basically a big velcro band you put around your waist. And guess what? It actually helped. I might actually make it through a whole day of work today.

I never believed it when people said they weren't getting enough to eat after the surgery, like you, now I know what they are talking about. Yesterday I had a protein drink, half a yogurt and 3 grilled shrimp. That's it for the day. I think it was maybe 350 calories? I am also not getting near 64 ounces of water. The closest I've come is 52 ounces and that was a huge project. I'm worried about not getting enough because I heard you can get gallbladder stones if you don't get enought food and water and with the pain I have left over from surgery, the last thing I need is another abdominal surgery. No thank you. Must work on my food and water.

The clothing digging in is another horrible issue. I've gone from wearing a loose dress with tights, to panty hose, to spanks (I thought the firmness might help - it didn't) to yoga pants UNDER my dress just to feel reasonably covered without strangulation. If I had to go to the ER for anything, they'd think I was crazy wearing what I have on right now. Must stay out of the ER! haha