Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre-Op Diet

1. RonaB
    RonaB
    I posted this on this board because I wanted assistance from those who actually had surgery through A LIghter Me. I was reading my pre-op diet instructions and it said protein shakes. What kinds did you use and are you allowed to add fruit or almond milk to them? Anyone who can assist me, it would be appreciate.

I am getting sleeved on December 11 and have to start my preop diet the day after Thanksgiving. One last time eating my favorite dinner rolls and my mother's dressing.

Also, did anyone take a companion with them. I am taking my best friend. Having same day surgery. Anyone have experience with that?
  2. Bill 59101
    Bill 59101
    Prior to surgery I drank the premixed protein shakes I bought at Costco, Walmart, and Sams Club. The brand is "Premier Protein". I never did and still don't care much for the powdered ones. I tried using almond milk with them and various ways to change the taste, but still prefer the premixed.

I had my surgery on June 24th, you can't go wrong if your going through A Lighter Me.
  3. Cindola
    Cindola
    I really like "Premier Protein" they have 30 grams of protein, 4 grams of sugar, and only 160 calories. They come in chocolate and vanilla. During my preop phase, I didn't mix them with anything -- but did occasionally blen them with ice to make shakes. After surgery, I've mixed them with frozen berries and Greek yogurt for breakfast smoothies -- having half for breakfast putting the remainder in the freezer for my mid morning snack. The best price is at Costco!
  4. RonaB
    RonaB
    That's two for the premier protein. I have read that a lot of people prefer that. And with 30 grams of protein that's great. I bought a four pack to try out. Gonna try the strawberries. I saw a you tube video and she mixed it with the berries and a splash of flavored creamer.