Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Tipping

1. sjtilly
    sjtilly
    How much should I tip the drivers and hotel people? I am having surgery Nov. 3 and today is my first protein shake day....starving!
  2. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    I didn't tip anyone that worked in the hospital. I tipped $5 or $10 each time to the driver or coordinator, depending on how much time he spent. Left $5 to the housekeeper at the hotel. $2 to the boy who brought me room service.
  3. sjtilly
    sjtilly
    OK, thank you very much! I didn't know if I should do it once and for all for the drivers and had no clue how much to each one.
  4. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    If a driver takes you on a short trip, tip him the next time he takes you somewhere. For instance, I didn't tip when one took me to the hospital. The man who took me to the airport home, a long ride, I gave him $10. He was very grateful. I don't remember their names, but they worked with Dr. Ortiz. You might have a different set.
  5. terrora
    terrora
    Don't tip for room service,,or ask at the desk first. The first time I had room service I didn't know how much to tip as it was in pesos and I didn't know pesos/ American equivalent. So when I went to the desk to find out and change my money I found out there was 16% added for each room service delivery. And the broth at the $81 per night (cheap for a nice hotel) was $6.50 per bowl. Anyways you might want to ask the desk who gets the cut of the tips. I didn't tip the maids as I put a do not disturb sign up and didn't get service. Drivers $5 each way,,helpers in TJ,,,$10 each as there were 3 of them and was short of cash. Would have given the main guy more but didn"t bring enough cash.
  6. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    I used American dollars everywhere I went. We all did. A Lighter Me offers 2 free bowls of soup after surgery at the hotel. Check on that. I didn't know and paid for mine.