Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Dry Skin

1. Tee35
    Tee35
    Hi there - I'm 4 weeks post op and my skin is pretty dry. Most days I get 64 oz or more of liquids so I'm pretty sure I'm not dehydrated... I hope.

Has anyone else experienced dried skin and does it improve with your ability to eat more food? I'm currently on pureed and only eat a few times a day, but do usually get around 60 gms of protein through food and shakes.

Thanks.
  2. Ima Fox
    Ima Fox
    Consider eating more healthy oils in your diet. You can take fish oil, vitamin E, coconut oil, evening primrose oil, olive oil, nut oils....These won't inhibit your weight loss, but figure out how much you need & don't take more. You can put organic coconut oil or olive oil in a smoothie. You can buy most of these oils in capsule form where ever vitamins are sold. Good luck.
  3. Tee35
    Tee35
    Great, thank you for the info.
  4. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    I still take vitamins made for the sleeve from bariatric advantage website. I also take biotin that has keratin in it. My Dr sells vitamins but I can't do chewables. I use Vaseline when my skin is still wet from the shower. Keeps me moisturized all day.
  5. ladyvm
    ladyvm
    Is there a soap that works well?
  6. ladyvm
    ladyvm
    I was able to get castile soap, collagen supplements, and calcium supplements. I use nivea cellulite gel, therapeutic oil, and cocoa butter. I have a lot of thigh cellulite which I hope goes away.