Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Who is that in the photograph?

1. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    I think I look really nice for "almost 64". I can tell by the way people look at me, especially since taking off the pounds, that I must be nice to look at. You all know what I mean. But I saw myself in a recent photo and it's not the same face I see in the mirror at home. I haven't been photogenic for years. I wish I'd jumped in front of the camera every chance I got when I was younger. I had more than my share of beauty then! Anyone else's face turn into a Picasso picture in photographs?
  2. Ann2
    Ann2
    So many things affect our images in photographs -- the amount and type and direction of the lighting that's on us; whether we're in the center or on the side of the image (to look skinniest, get in the middle); the colors we're wearing and dominant colors around us.

Also ... several years ago I realized that my *relaxed facial expression* had changed and had a lot more downward drooping lines than it did when I was younger. My resting expression (the one I have when I'm thinking "I don't have any opinion about this one way or the other") had turned into one that said, "I don't like what's going on!" So in social situations I started arranging my face so that now I'm smiling ever so slightly, raising my chin just a bit, opening my eyes a little wider, and raising my eyebrows ever so lightly. Now in polite company my "null" expression again looks unopinionated instead of WTF?!

However ... for the first time in my life I'm considering I might (might!) do botox and fillers when I reach my weight goal. After all, just imagine what Marilyn Herself would look like at nearly 69 without a little help.
  3. mkrider
    mkrider
    Hi there, well I'm very pleased with my weight loss and looking pretty darn good for my age, but I'm sad that I'm now developing a turkey neck because of my weight loss! ugh! not pleased with that!
  4. KayGee88
    KayGee88
    I'm 67 & won't have my surgery until March or April & I too am worried about what my face & neck will look like. The rest I can cover up for the time being.
  5. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    I'm relieved to look much better in real life than in photos. I have about 15 more pounds to goal and wondering if I'll regret it. But don't know where my sleeve will take me.
  6. CyndieB
    CyndieB
    I'm 61 and should get my surgery date later this year. I am starting to do super moisturizing and take collagen to help my skin be more elastic, but I know I will have a lot of 'extra skin' . I plan to wait a year and see a plastic surgeon and get a body lift, tummy tuck, what ever I need. I've started a savings account now for just that purpose.
  7. Leslieann
    Leslieann
    I am so glad that I had the surgery at 58. Now I'm 60 .Yup I have a lot more wriggles and I frankly don't care. I can do anything now, go anywhere and so totally healthy. I moved this year and established my health care and when the provider saw that I am not on any medication he was so surprised. It's all good! Happy 2019!!
  8. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    Anyone had facelift, Botox or fillers since weight loss? I have had fillers a couple of times. Then I had obvious bruising and prick spots to camouflage! Thoughts?