Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Weight Loss Plateau

1. tiffanytwilight
    tiffanytwilight
    Hey guys. I have hypothyroidism and I'm taking medication once a day. It seems like I've hit a plateau and I'm not even eating hardly!! Is this a common problem?
  2. Sissy girl
    Sissy girl
    Tiffany, I also have Hypothryoidism and take medication. When were you sleeved and how much have you lost? I will be sleeved on 9/25.
  3. Chunky
    Chunky
    How much have you lost? I have NO thyroid - had mine out a long time ago.

I lost 14 pounds the first month and am losing about 2 pounds a week since. Hope that helps - everyone is different. I am ok losing at this pace since it is a long term journey. I am not in a race. I have stalled a few times, for a few days. But if you stall for more than a week, and are eating super low cal (I am around 600 cal at this point), then try and mix things up... or talk to your endocrinologist.
  4. dbcassidy
    dbcassidy
    I also take medication for hypothyroidism. I was sleeved back on June 4th. While I've hit a couple of plateaus, my weight loss averages 2 pounds a week. Compared to some people at my hospital's group meetings, I am a slow loser. However, like Chunky I consider this a lifestyle change and not a race.
    Is it possible that you are not eating enough? I always make sure that I have at least 60 grams of protein a day, 64 ounces of water and 30 minutes of exercise.
  5. Curlytop54
    Curlytop54
    I had my thyroid removed and had surgery on Jan. 7,2014 and have lost 80lhs. I have hit a plateau right now but I think I have done good with my weight loss and only need to lose about 12 lbs for my idea wt.