Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Where ya at?

1. yepitsme10
    I see alot of people get on here and got a zillion questions for other group members but once they start losing weight and looking good they forget about all the support they was receiving from this site. While it would be nice for others to hear your story and exprience, Im guessing you too busy now. Lol. Hmmmm I promise not to be, one of those "group members" I am talking about, I promise to give and share my story. Especially to us African Americans, who need support.

#RealTalk
  2. Aquafinaflo
    Aquafinaflo
    Hi yepitsme10,

I must admit that I haven't been here often. I did a lot of researching by going to different forums and didn't even realized that I setup a profile here. But to give an update on me and where I am at to help others also.

surgery feb18th, starting weight 248, surgery weight 238, and I am currently 196. I'm 5'7.5'', and I'm a slow loser. I've lost a ton of inches however. I just passed my 6month mark Monday and my restriction is definitely still in tack. Many aspects of my life is definitely getting better, so I'm not concentrating on the scale NOW. First cpl months all I could do is look and worry about the scale not moving. I myself would love any comments or questions that anyone has for this newbie. Everyone have a blessed day!
  3. yepitsme10
    First off congrats to you. 6 months and still focus I love it. I hear we will stall so dont give up. I hope to give up my scale and only weigh in every month. I wish u well on ur continuous journey.
  4. ltbrwnfantasy
    ltbrwnfantasy
    Hello, I have not had my surgery but its a few days away. I can say even though I came on this site I dont use it much. I FB mostly LOL. But congrats on both of your success & continued weight loss journey.
  5. 12NVDiva
    12NVDiva
    Well I am 5 months out and I started at 275 on my surgery date and to date I have lost 75, I am waiting on that magical day when the scale no longer reads 200 but 19? (any number after the 9 is fine)! Keep up the good work ladies!
  6. MissBee
    MissBee
    Hello all my sleever friend, my name is Bee for those who don't no who I am, I will admit to that, when I first started I was asking quesrions like crazy, and once I started losing weight I didnt have much to ask cause the lb started coming off, but ill be more then happy to give a little up date. I had surgury may 2, of this year in mexico, had a great time meet nice people, and still kept them as friends, I was 289 then, and now im 211.8. I am at the most happiest moment in my life, im engaged to be married next year, the weight is coming off like crazy, I mean what more can I ask for. I am very grateful in this point of life time, and thats my story for now, ill keep everyone up to date soon.
  7. yepitsme10
    Awwww Congrats @12NVDiva and @MissBee. Keep up the good work ladies. I hope I can drop as much as u girls had. @Itbrwnfantasy good luck honey. I know u will conquer your goal. Although, I know sometimes we get discourage but I promise to stick to it. I look forward to updating u girls. Oh, one more thing, Any tips about the hair loss?
  8. MissBee
    MissBee
    Thank you yepitsme10, hair loss not that much because I take infinity pill, and it help with that stage.
  9. Citten
    Citten
    Hi everyone, I was sleeved 7/30/14 and haven't been on here with any regulatory. I stated at 248 surgery 236 and now down to 220. I love my sleeve. I do have a hard time getting liquids in cause I am trying to keep my proteins up. Returning back to work next week so beginning to cook work-ready recipes so I am never without protein as my job is super on the go. Any questions I am willing to answer.
  10. mamb0831
    mamb0831
    I'm one year out and have lost over 130lbs so far. I'll definitely try to keep coming back to this Forum to let the Family know my progress. Without this Forum I don't know if I would be in such a good place right now.
  11. 12NVDiva
    12NVDiva
    I'm out 5 months and today I made it to Onderland
  12. Joy48
    Joy48
    Hello All,
    I check the forum periodically I was sleeved on 7/28 and have lost 30lbs so far , surgery was in Mexico no issues
  13. Seahawksfan
    Seahawksfan
    Hi! It's so good to see all the progress everybody is making! I'm a little over a year out, I was sleeved 7/2013. I started at 287 and now fluctuate between 154-158. I'm in love with my new size. I still workout at least twice a week. Starting this month I want to build up to possibly looking into some triathlon training in January. I can pretty much each anything but I don't. I stay away from beef, I switched to ground turkey, I don't drink soda, I don't eat a large amount of pork. With that being said, I dont weigh my food anymore and I eat snacks in moderation. I dont enjoy going out to eat as much though because it's hard to find meals I can eat more then 5 bites of. I did slack up on coming to this board after surgery but will make an effort to keep coming back and please feel free to ask me any questions.