Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Long wait time challenges

1. Blondena Merritt
    Blondena Merritt
    I thought that I would start a group to discuss issues, concerns or just to chat about surgeries that are taking place in the new year. I know that there will be challenges along the way with thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years coming up before my surgery and I was just wondering if anyone else is looking forward and thinking about what they are going to do during those holidays with getting sleeved in the new year.

I had someone tell me that I need to have my food "funerals" and that I should eat whatever I want to eat up until the surgery but I am choosing to start now at working some of my trigger food out of my life. Has anyone else had food "funerals" or have you decided to start now and work towards your goal of being healthier before your sleeve? I am going to continue to try and lose some weight or at least not gain any before my surgery and to move a little more than I do now so that I can have an easier surgery and recovery.
  2. Leah4697
    Leah4697
    I am having my surgery before Christmas and I am a little worried about it. I want to start... I just haven't been very successfully at it. I am really hoping the surgery will change my taste for foods. I feel like this is my last chance to get things under control.
  3. charity69
    charity69
    hello I'm new hear I'm Having my class today with the surgeon to talk about what's best for me what I need to do to get ready for my sleeve in Jan 2015 not got no date yet I just no that wen I would like to take 2 weeks off vacation and do this my weight now is 202 im 5ft 1 I am Diabetic and have sleep apnea and high blood so just that I would start my blog hear
  4. Blondena Merritt
    Blondena Merritt
    Welcome Charity and Leah. It is good to have some people here who are going through the same challenges that I am. If I could have my surgery before The holidays I would but unfortunately money is always an issue. Glad you decided to join this group. I am looking forward to having more people to chat with as my date gets closer. Holidays have always been my downfall with all the favourite foods being served. I decided that this year I am going to start to eat like I already have been sleeved and will make healthier choices during the holidays.
  5. JaynieD
    JaynieD
    I have a lot of worries and I don't want them to get the best of me. I'm worried about hair loss, extra skin, gaining weight back. So many concerns but I also just got back from a cruise and saw pictures of myself and hated what I saw so I am very ready. I am having a hard time with bread! I love bread and carbs. I hope I can cut them out before surgery and I was told by Dr. to try to slow down my eating and having a hard time with that to. Hope it all comes together soon.
  6. MamaGavu
    MamaGavu
    Hello all, I do not have an exact surgery day yet, but at my next pcp visit I am to call and set it woo hoo. They did say they are looking towards January 19th so I am soooo excited. Anyone else looking around that time?
  7. Carak
    Carak
    I am counting down the days. It feels so close and so far away. I would have gotten surgery sooner but I won't have money until January. My surgery is scheduled on January 26. I am starting over 300lbs so I have a long way to g o. I have a ton of hair so I don't know how I feel about the hair-loss. I am married and I know I will be very self-conscious about the extra skin. My husband already agreed to let me have surgery to have the extra skin removed when I have maintained goal weight for at least 3 months. Dr.'s orders say a 10 day pre-op diet but I plan to start earlier than that. I already have a gym membership so I might as well use it. Good luck everyone!
  8. Joan3
    Joan3
    I'm getting sleeved January 31, in Puerta Vallarta Mexico by Dr Hadalgo. I've got high blood pressure,sleep apnea,and have had a heart attack. I'm from Ontario Canada but for three months I'm in Arizona. I will have the surgery about two weeks before we go home. Looking forward to beginning with you all as we start our journey in the new year.
  9. nworkman83
    nworkman83
    Hello,

I just moved my surgery from March 27 2015 to January 15, 2015 with Dr. Almanza. I have had a few food funerals so far. I am finishing the holidays with a bang. After Christmas I am going to start trying to get in protein shakes and picking healthier foods. This is my way of saying good bye to bad habits and hello to new ones.
  10. lapopreston
    lapopreston
    I live in the Kansas City, Missouri area and one of the food funerals I had to have was Fun House Pizza. It has history with me since I was a little girl. I had to have it and I did last weekend. Right now there is nothing else I really want.
    Does anyone know if egg drop soup qualifies as clear liquids? I start liquid diet Dec. 26 for surgery on the 5th of Jan. Thought that may be good a few weeks after surgery.
  11. Bubsen
    Bubsen
    Hi guys,

Great to see I'm not the only one having "food funerals"! After I got my date (26th January - can't wait! ) I can't stop bingeing.. It's horrible, but I'm thinking of going on a liquid diet a week before the surgery even though my doctor said I didn't need to..

Can't wait to follow you guys
  12. CindyE
    CindyE
    hello,

I havent got my exact date yet either, but I know it's going to be in February sometime. For the last month I have beem eating whatever I want, I know I need to stop this, but I'm looking as if I can never eat this stuff again. After the holidays I'm going to start cutting out most sugary foods and pop. I know what I have to do after the surgery but I do not wantto have a lot of cravings after.
    I'm worried about extra skin as well. I weight 240 and 5'2.. I don't have a lot. I hope exercising can reduce the skin.
    Good Luck everyone
  13. JMurray1984
    JMurray1984
    Hello all. I am glad to be part of this amazing group! I just started my liquid diet, this is day 2. My surgery is January 12, 2015! That's right.. 16 days of clear liquid diet! I started dieting in November. I quit smoking in October, also quit drinking pop at the same time. I did not have food funerals, but I did have a good bar burger as my "last meal". I felt that dieting starting in November it gave me the leeway to enjoy the holidays. My husband has been super supportive, and now that I am on all liquids he won't even eat IN the house... lol. Anybody have any good ideas for broth recipes? Like boiling anything other than chicken? Other than bouillon? I did get wonton soup toda and strain it... although it was quite expensive to do that lol....
  14. lana8203
    lana8203
    Hello all,
    I am on Day 2 of the pre-op diet, so far the protein shakes are gross, but have to choke it down for the goal is near. My surgery is January 19th. What I have noticed already with this diet that my sugars are running low even with the shakes, I cut my insulin in half to see if that makes a difference. 12 more days before my new life.
  15. Allfire
    Allfire
    My Surgery is January 19th. My surgeon is Dr. Almanza. Super excited and nervous. I can't wait to start my new life. I have everything ready even made home made parade foods and froze it. I feel so ready and now I wish it was tomorrow instead. This last week has been hard. Waiting when your this close is hard. I want to do this more then anything. I want to climb again, I can't wait to have my life again. So excited..
  16. JenniferS
    JenniferS
    I just scheduled my surgery for January 30th and am super excited! I am ready to start this journey. My husband will be getting sleeved with me on the same day so I am hoping this makes it easier for both of us. 18 days and counting! We have our EKG tomorrow and our Endoscopy on Friday. We still have to have our treadmill test and chest x-ray and a few others to squeeze in or we would have scheduled for the 23rd I guess this gives us a little time to get in a few favorite meals!!