Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Australian Book: The Sweet Poison Quit Plan

1. Heather Honey
    Heather Honey
    Hi Everyone!
    As Molly Meldrum would say, "Do yourselves a favour", and get this book: it will literally blow your mind. If you ever needed a good argument as to why you should give sugar a wide berth, this is it.
    The author, David Gillespie, is not a doctor, a dietician, or anyone involved in the food/health industry. He is, in fact, a lawyer, who, after researching why he, himself, could not lose weight, discovered that which is in his book, and lost 40kg putting it into practice. He had no barrows to push, no axes to grind, he simply researched, layed all the evidence out (as lawyers are good at doing), and this book simply lays out the facts and findings (with references).
  2. Heather Honey
    Heather Honey
    ...continued...
    I had been having a "plateau" which started around Christmas time, and did not start to shift until I started doing what the book said. In 3 short weeks my weight has come down another 4kg, and where my tummy measurement had gone up by 5cm, it has, in that time, reduced by 4 of those 5. He now has another book which I am in the process of reading, entitled "Big Fat Lies", and in this he also spills the beans on the diet industry, vitamins and fats.
    Oh yes, and once you get off the sugar (and all the associated hidden/"healthy" alternative sugars....that aren't), you can then reintroduce full cream milk and real butter into your diet...yes, folks, I have, and still I am losing weight.
  3. Heather Honey
    Heather Honey
    ...continued some more...
    I could go on forever, but you really should get a copy and read it for yourselves. He has also included loads of helpful tables, strategies on how to get off sugar, and even gives recipes to show you what you CAN eat, rather than telling you everything that you can't. More, he is an Australian, and so the products he quotes are those that you will find on Australian shelves. You don't need to do anything fancy, buy special ingredients....but you may have to chuck a few things from your pantry....some of which you may never have imagined!
  4. Heather Honey
    Heather Honey
    ...continued yet again....
    Sorry folk, I just don't know the meaning of "short"....
    Last week my BGL readings spent a whole day in the 5s, and on another day, I had a waking BGL of 5.5 (normal!!!)! All since following the quit plan. I have been testing my sugars since 2004, and have never before seen a waking reading in the 5s, let alone normal.....oh yes, that night my before dinner reading was 4.7!!!!!
  5. Mini me
    Mini me
    Thank you for this info, I will certainly track this book down!
  6. Sleeve dreaming
    Sleeve dreaming
    I've seen this being sold and really need to get a copy. Thankyou
  7. Sleeve dreaming
    Sleeve dreaming
  8. Sleeve dreaming
    Sleeve dreaming